Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To everyone who has shared a funny story or will
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTo everyone who has shared a funny story or will

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To everyone who has shared a funny story or will
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:25am
I loved every story and I am hooked. I hope that more will come in .I always said that us long hair women need to have good personalities because stupid things happen all the time. I can't count how many times I am writing an order and my hair takes my pen and hooks into my hair in front a client.I don't know how many times I will close a filing cabinet and walk away and my hair yanks me back.Oh yes how many times that I really try to get into my car and close the door on the hair.how many speaches will I get in life was clogging the shower drain. Or how many people will be victoms to having my hair on their shirts, in their books etc. It never ends.I often joke and say we long hair women couldn't commit crimes or have affairs as evidence would be left behind.Or how many times our hair will be used a climbing device for babies or for them to hang on as we walk around.I believe that life is so short and we need to have fun and I will always remember all the stories. Please please keep those stories coming in as I am so hooked on them and I need them!!! Laughing.
RunningWild View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RunningWild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:29am
OK, OK, I don't think of these as funny stories, just weird stories having to do with my hair. So I don't know if these are gigglers, but here goes (Enjoy!):I've slammed my hair in the door of my truck, but especially shocking was rolling up the window and being trapped by my hair, which got closed in it.In high school I remember my hair getting caught in the rivets of the wooden seats of the desks.And for some god-forsaken reason, I was unwary while cleaning a fan one spring. Cleaned it, turned it on. (Duh!) And screamed bloody murder for my husb. He came, but not before the fan quit because it had so much hair wrapped around the shaft. There's nothing like adrenaline pumping through your veins and being trapped by a danged fan! Yeah, and I'm sure it was great for my hair ... Eck!When I was about 12, I hauled folks around the skating rink with my braids. No problem.Yes, Diane, I had the plumber say it was a hair clog in the tub drain in a way that said "Well of COURSE it's a hair clog!" Shoulda given him a kick. "Well of COURSE it's your job to clear it out ... without comments!"Have you ever tripped because you've gotten your bare toes caught in a hair/hairs that have woven themselves into the carpet?My mom told me when I was very young (7?) about two little girls, playing hairdresser. The "client" got her hair tied into little knots, right at the scalp. So, she had to be shaved. This made me paranoid. When my friend's 2-year-old, fascinated with long hair ("May I play with yo' hay-uh?" about 500 times wore me down) wanted to comb my hair, I set my husb. as a watchdog. I've seen too many little children get to where there's some resistance, and pick up and start at the top again, without disengaging the comb/brush, and create hellacious snarls. So I told him this, made him be watchdog, and had to stop the whole thing because he was being inattentive. Susana did not get to play with my hay-uh for long!And I'd heard about horses yanking bits of scalp off by grabbing hair. So I always tuck my braid down my shirt when doing pony chores. My is that scratchy! Ew!Happy gigglers!RunningWild
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:29am
> OK, OK, I don't think of these as funny stories, just> weird stories having to do with my hair. So I don't> know if these are gigglers, but here goes (Enjoy!):> I've slammed my hair in the door of my truck, but> especially shocking was rolling up the window and> being trapped by my hair, which got closed in it.> In high school I remember my hair getting caught in> the rivets of the wooden seats of the desks.> And for some god-forsaken reason, I was unwary while> cleaning a fan one spring. Cleaned it, turned it on.> (Duh!) And screamed bloody murder for my husb. He> came, but not before the fan quit because it had so> much hair wrapped around the shaft. There's nothing> like adrenaline pumping through your veins and being> trapped by a danged fan! Yeah, and I'm sure it was> great for my hair ... Eck!> When I was about 12, I hauled folks around the skating> rink with my braids. No problem.> Yes, Diane, I had the plumber say it was a hair clog> in the tub drain in a way that said "Well of> COURSE it's a hair clog!" Shoulda given him a> kick. "Well of COURSE it's your job to clear it> out ... without comments!"> Have you ever tripped because you've gotten your bare> toes caught in a hair/hairs that have woven themselves> into the carpet?> My mom told me when I was very young (7?) about two> little girls, playing hairdresser. The> "client" got her hair tied into little> knots, right at the scalp. So, she had to be shaved.> This made me paranoid. When my friend's 2-year-old,> fascinated with long hair ("May I play with yo'> hay-uh?" about 500 times wore me down) wanted to> comb my hair, I set my husb. as a watchdog. I've seen> too many little children get to where there's some> resistance, and pick up and start at the top again,> without disengaging the comb/brush, and create> hellacious snarls. So I told him this, made him be> watchdog, and had to stop the whole thing because he> was being inattentive. Susana did not get to play with> my hay-uh for long!> And I'd heard about horses yanking bits of scalp off> by grabbing hair. So I always tuck my braid down my> shirt when doing pony chores. My is that scratchy! Ew!> Happy gigglers!> RunningWildDear RunnywildI am sure that many of us can relate to your experiences and I enjoyed the fact that you participated.Diane
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:29am
Hi Runningwild and Diane,I have a question for you. Does your hair seem to attack people? Does it have a mind of it's own?Mine does. I flipped my hair over my shoulder, looked and it was in a classmate's mouth. I'm just glad I knew the guy. I walk by people and if someone has buttons, my hair seems to gravitate to them.It is really embarrassing,Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:29am
Hi Debbie,I would imagine your hair has quite the magnetic draw on your classmate, ashe must have been very close to your hair for it to have gone into his mouth.Either your classroom is very compact, or..... maybe he likes you(?) :-)Dave
David M Squires
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:29am
> Hi Runningwild and Diane,> I have a question for you. Does your hair seem to> attack people? Does it have a mind of it's own?> Mine does. I flipped my hair over my shoulder, looked> and it was in a classmate's mouth. I'm just glad I> knew the guy. I walk by people and if someone has> buttons, my hair seems to gravitate to them.> It is really embarrassing,> DebbieYes are so funny Debbie.Diane
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
> Hi Debbie,> I would imagine your hair has quite the magnetic draw> on your classmate, as> he must have been very close to your hair for it to> have gone into his mouth.> Either your classroom is very compact, or..... maybe> he likes you(?) :-)> DaveHopefully Debbie reads this and yes I would like to know what this classmate thinks of her. I didn't think of that one to guess her. Good thought Dave. ( laughing)Diane
RunningWild View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RunningWild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:29am
DebbieYes, I believe I captured and caged my hair for its wandering qualities. (Oo! Rivets on chairs are the worst!) And for invading others' airspace (hairspace?) I've been braiding it about 10 years now.One braid I have to recommend is a 2-braid, braiding the crown hair, about down to the ears in one braid (centered at the back), and braiding the rest separately (centered at the back). Keeps it off my ears, which bugs me any time, but esp. in hot weather. Keeps it tidier longer and cooler longer, but takes 2x the time. But extremely simple ... like I braid 1st thing in the morning, while I'm still technically asleep. ... Usually it works out OK.Question for y'all: Since I braid ALL the time, does doing my hair the same all the time damage it? I use the small covered elastics on the braid end.My hair grows, but slowly. Perhaps I'm breaking it off or allowing it to split by my elastic band use. Mmm?Later, folks,RunningWild
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:29am
> Hi Debbie,> I would imagine your hair has quite the magnetic draw> on your classmate, as> he must have been very close to your hair for it to> have gone into his mouth.> Either your classroom is very compact, or..... maybe> he likes you(?) :-)> DaveHi Dave,We were in the bandhall, I was in 9th grade - now I'm 39, and if I straightenout my arm, my hair is definitely longer, and was then too.Debbie
Debbie View Drop Down

> Hopefully Debbie reads this and yes I would like to> know what this classmate thinks of her. I didn't think> of that one to guess her. Good thought Dave. (> laughing)> DianeHi Diane,We were both in band together, but that's pretty much it.After I flipped my hair, I felt something, turned, and it ws in Rick's mouth. I still get embarrassed.Debbie
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
> Hi Diane,> We were both in band together, but that's pretty much> it.> After I flipped my hair, I felt something, turned, and> it ws in Rick's mouth. I still get embarrassed.> DebbieI am laughing with you Debbie. SorryDiane
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:30am
Hi Debbie,Please don't feel embarassed about it. Who knows, maybe he enjoyed it?Even if he didn't, I'm sure he has long since forgiven you for yourhair's "tress-pass." (sorry bad pun!)Dave
David M Squires
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic