Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Studies say getting your hair cut AT LEAST once every 2 Weeks works best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedStudies say getting your hair cut AT LEAST once every 2 Weeks works best

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tom Brokaw View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Studies say getting your hair cut AT LEAST once every 2 Weeks works best
    Posted: August 19 2004 at 6:27pm
You have to train your hair in order to form and maintain waves. Growing your hair for 4 and 6 weeks at a time dosent help as much as getting a cut at least once every 2 weeks.
All growing your hair does is make it seem like you have more waves then you actually have since it is longer, getting it cut allows you to shape up your waves. So get it cut as much as possible.
Not trying to hurt anyones techniques, just spitting real truth to the whole 360 Waves situations. You learn from experience.
NewEraOg View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 6:30pm
got ne pics professor??
Official Dream Team Member
http://dreamteam360.net
Dream Team Website

http://community.webshots.com/user/neweraog1

Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 6:31pm
wow studys? I didnt know about science labs doing experiments on hair 360 waves. DAmn dem studies.
Explain were you heard about theses theroys... sound s intresting none the least.
D double E View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 6:31pm
to develop waves your hair needs to be long but once you have them then you can cut every 2 weeks if u want.
thas what i think.
Keep on brushing

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 6:39pm
In fact your statment above is invalid. It might seem that growing your hair for an extensive period of time help dramatically with your wave patteren, in fact you are just hampering your progression. We did a large study at 3 large universities along the eastren sea board in New York, Virginia, and Flordia and the results will soon be published in our monthly journal at the end of this month.

Trust me, cutting your hair goign with the grain and following the steps I layed out in the post about Getting Your Hair Cut will be your best choice for rapidly gaining a visible wave patteren.

If it dosent work with you let me know because our studies have shown an overwhealing approvement for all hair textures, race, amount spent training your hair prior to the method, etc.

just give it a shot
NewEraOg View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 6:39pm
lol
Dream Team Website

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 6:40pm
And yes if we get permission from various students and staff members we will have before and after images available
NewEraOg View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 6:43pm
shut up wit dat bs
Dream Team Website

Nilelator View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 7:34pm
Lol at NewEra getting vexed, i'm one of the best people to contribute to this post because I used to go to the barbers every 3/4 weeks, but for a year now I've been cutting my hair every week. I can vouch for it and say it don't make a difference how often you get ur haircut in terms of seeing improvements. I like to cut my hair every week so that I can maintain a deep look coz after about a week my waves start to look a bit shabby. They look no different now after a cut after a week than they did when I used to hold out for 4 weeks.
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Nilelator Nilelator wrote:

Lol at NewEra getting vexed, i'm one of the best people to contribute to this post because I used to go to the barbers every 3/4 weeks, but for a year now I've been cutting my hair every week. I can vouch for it and say it don't make a difference how often you get ur haircut in terms of seeing improvements. I like to cut my hair every week so that I can maintain a deep look coz after about a week my waves start to look a bit shabby. They look no different now after a cut after a week than they did when I used to hold out for 4 weeks.

wow its Nile ;) From outta da deep deep caves.
Nilelator View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 7:41pm
Wassup Twist, I thought I posted recently. New sections looking good I should also add to my previous post that I cut my own hair, there ain't no way i'm wasting money getting a cut at a barber every week. It's really easy to cut ur own hair if you do it the same level all round, which is what most people with waves in their hair have
NewEraOg View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 7:46pm
Dream Team Website

Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Nilelator Nilelator wrote:

Wassup Twist, I thought I posted recently. New sections looking good I should also add to my previous post that I cut my own hair, there ain't no way i'm wasting money getting a cut at a barber every week. It's really easy to cut ur own hair if you do it the same level all round, which is what most people with waves in their hair have

ya my last cut i did myself. Only reason i aint cuttin dis time iz i will**** up my side burnz! So imma wait till i hit da shop cuz da old barber does dem nice! Nice 4 skoo ;p
cedclark View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 8:02pm
i dont believe that : P i havn't had a hair cut in 5 weeks. ( hope i get one tomorrow)

and my waves are lookin better every day lol
Nilelator View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Twista Twista wrote:

ya my last cut i did myself. Only reason i aint cuttin dis time iz i will**** up my side burnz! So imma wait till i hit da shop cuz da old barber does dem nice! Nice 4 skoo ;p

Fo sure I know what u mean that is the one thing I still struggle with up to this day. I find it hard to get them looking nice and pointed, right side looks ok but the left usually gets****ed up.
seaTown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Tom Brokaw Tom Brokaw wrote:

In fact your statment above is invalid. It might seem that growing your hair for an extensive period of time help dramatically with your wave patteren, in fact you are just hampering your progression. We did a large study at 3 large universities along the eastren sea board in New York, Virginia, and Flordia and the results will soon be published in our monthly journal at the end of this month.

Trust me, cutting your hair goign with the grain and following the steps I layed out in the post about Getting Your Hair Cut will be your best choice for rapidly gaining a visible wave patteren.

If it dosent work with you let me know because our studies have shown an overwhealing approvement for all hair textures, race, amount spent training your hair prior to the method, etc.

just give it a shot

Hm... thas funy. You say ya'll did studies on waves at the universities? Lol.

I usually get cut my hair like that during the school year anyway. If it goes past 2 weeks it look messy.. but that was before I had waves.

I dont believe all that study stuff.. but mayb he's on to something??

United Waves of America

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 8:20pm
how does growing your hair hamper it and also my bro cuts my hair and he goes track and field and uni so he barely has time, i can't even get him to giv e me a shape up so it will be hard for me to try it out.
Keep on brushing
seaTown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 8:32pm
How much ya'll barbers charge u for a cut? For me $10 doesn't seem like too much to spend on a cut every too weeks. With also mayb a $4 lineup if I'm goin somewhere special in between cuts.

United Waves of America

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by seaTown seaTown wrote:

How much ya'll barbers charge u for a cut? For me $10 doesn't seem like too much to spend on a cut every too weeks. With also mayb a $4 lineup if I'm goin somewhere special in between cuts.
last time i went it was 5 pounds which is bout 8 dollars i think for a trim and shape up
Keep on brushing
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2004 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by D double E D double E wrote:

Originally posted by seaTown seaTown wrote:

last time i went it was 5 pounds which is bout 8 dollars i think for a trim and shape up

ok. Im thinkin wen u wuz a lil baby. 5 pounds.. damn dat wuz along time ago! u must got a big ass afro by now.. den i rember ur not usin us currency
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic