Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSteam Rollers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steam Rollers
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:29am
I have a Caruso Molecular Steam Setter, which I adore. I use it only a couple of times a month on my fine, color-treated hair.This is what I'm wondering: Do steam curlers damage your hair at all? I've heard they're much gentler than conventional hot rollers and curling irons, but I've never been clear on HOW gentle they are. My hair doesn't seem to be suffering at the moment...Thanks,Ally
Valentine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:29am
Hi Ally,I've gone through two of these units over many years and have used them quite often without experiencing any damage to my fragile hair. The steam is hot, but hasn't seemed hot enough to cause damage. In fact, my hair always seems much softer and healthier after using the steamer.They work really great and give lots of curl and body even to fine hair. The only drawbacks are that you must leave the rollers in for quite a while until the steam has cooled off and dried up. In the winter, it's not bad at all but on a humid summer day, yipes! Just doesn't keep well, and takes forever to set.All things considered, from what I've seen on myself and two other heads of hair, they don't seem to damage the hair. If you haven't noticed any damage or change in your hair from using it a few times a month, then I think it is pretty safe on your hair.Neat that you use them too! I have the old pink original designed unit and it's still working great.Happy Rolling!Valentine :o)
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:30am
Valentine--I'm still /using/ the pink, barrel-shaped unit. Maybe it's time for an upgrade? :)BTW, I finally got around to visiting your site. You have such beautiful hair. How inspiring to know that yours is fine and delicate too!Best,Ally
Valentine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:31am
Hi Ally,Thank you! That's very sweet of you to say! Well, I guess it's like Dawn said above, it's a real testament to long hair that it can make fine hair look good! And mine is definitely fine and delicate and usually slow growing, although I must say, I have just passed my bra-strap length/obstacle (and it took a loooong time!) and it is starting to grow markedly faster. I was beginning to lose hope until recently! Dawn and Tamara are a great inspiration for me too! So, waist length hair, here I come!Hopefully, I'll be getting some more current pictures of my hair, including how much my bangs have grown out. When I do, I'll make sure to pass 'em along so you can see where I am now. :o) Those pics are from November and January, respectively. I didn't start growing out my bangs until June, so I've made some surprisingly good progress! You know, if the back of my hair grew as fast as the top, I'd be a happy camper! I wonder if anyone else experiences this?LOL! I have the old pink unit still too! Don't throw it out yet. The rumor I have heard is that the new smaller unit doesn't pump out as much steam for as long as the original.Have a great weekend and happy rollering!Valentine :o)Related Link:House of Valentine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic