Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSplit Ends

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Johannah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johannah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Split Ends
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:34am
I was picking through my hair and complaining about my new crop of split ends when I noticed that practically all the split are in the back. There are hardly any in the front or on the sides. I don't use a curling iron or blow dryer. Does anyone know what might be causing all the split in the back? Please let me know. Thanks. - Johannah
Laura Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:34am
There are lots of things that could cause splits in a particular place. Perhaps you brush more gently in the front. Do you regularly detangle with your fingers or a wide-tooth comb before you brush? (You should. If you don't, and you are more prone to tangles in back, as appears to be typical, your back hair may be experiencing more pulling during brushing.)How you wear your hair can greatly influence splits. Do you use ponytail holders with those little metal pieces? They seem to give me lots of splits, which is why I don't use them anymore.Does your hair get caught in things? Do you tend to lean on your back hair (against a chair or whatever)?These are the sorts of things that could be provoking this problem. The real question you need to ask yourself is whether there is something different about the way your back hair is treated. Maybe you just need to be more careful about conditioning there.Good luck!Laura Janelswanson@sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic