Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBig Hair...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Hair...
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:40am
My hair is very big (the diameter of each hair is thick and there is a great quantity of it too). I have to section it into four or eight just to apply any kind of conditioners or treatments (it can be exhausting just to do comb through it all). One stylist recommended that I put a relaxer in it but I really don't want to damage my hair with the chemicals (very curly/course hair already tends to be dry). I have tried KMS relaxing balm (with no real results) combined with all the hair gels you can name (individually of course). So I need a real solution to wanting to wash and wear my hair without having a huge full-blown afro afterward! When it's wet there are alot of well defined tendrills (I love that look!)---but let a little heat hit it (I live in Vegas. Oy! The heat!) and it gets huge! Any suggestions from you fab folx?(I have a pic if you need it, too.)
Christine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:40am
Mine is thick too, so I understand your problem. Unfortunately for you, I have to say in my experience, I tamed it by straightening it using a chemical cream. Afterwards, it was certainly much flatter in appearance. I wouldn't recommend doing it often, about once in 6 months. I don't think you will try this as you don't like relaxers, but it's just a suggestion from me.Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic