Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLong hair is a psychological feel-good

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Christine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:42am
I read with interest Brandee's dilemma. Sharing a similar experience, I believe having long healthy, hair can really make a person feel good about themselves because they know they are looking and feeling great. Not to mention the compliments one gets! This is a psychological factor that most short-haired people don't seem to understand or empathise (in my experiences). I wonder if such people are secretly envious? Thereupon they constantly wonder aloud about the inconvenience and maintenance involved in the upkeep of long hair. Actually, the high cost of salon hair products we use is offset by the low cost of maintaining long hair. And we know the results are worth every cent!On the other hand, I am constantly being made to feel bad about my decision to keep long hair and hate it when criticised by short haired people around me. Comments on the frizziness of my hair (through no fault of mine but the humid climate's) really get me down as I try everything possible to tame it. Most days, my environment (in every sense of the word) really gets me thinking about whether to chop it all off! That would reduce all the hassles of dryness, frizziness, etc. and criticisms.I am considering cutting my past-shoulder length hair into a mouth-length bob. Judging from the responses to Brandee's message, I agree that it's our own hair, not other's so we can do what we like with it and feel comfortable. But is it really worth it to put up with all the nastiness and comments from people who like short hair? Would anyone talk me out of cutting it short?Long-hair fans of the world, unite!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic