Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedda truth about pomade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dick hitchcock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dick hitchcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: da truth about pomade
    Posted: August 21 2004 at 12:08pm
went and got a shave 2day and asked my barber about waves. he was like pomade is just for hold. if ya **** is nappy u gonna have to use a stronger pomade like murrays or dax. if ya **** is kinda st8 and easy to manage u should use a lighter pomade like duke or 360. also this nigga in da chair his hair was thick with waves and he was like make sure that my hair grows a certain length and use a moisturizer and wash my hair. if u use murrays u gonna have to wash every day to get that thick ish out u dont want it to accumalate on ya head if u use a lighter pomade just use plain warm water. also murrays and dax has da same ingrediants so its da same ish. if u black the barber is suppose to cut with da grain he told me and the thing he emfacized is too brush keep brushin muthafucka!
D double E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D double E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2004 at 4:02pm
did they say anything about gels?
Keep on brushing
bulzeyelou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2004 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by @#$% hitchcock @#$% hitchcock wrote:

went and got a shave 2day and asked my barber about waves. he was like pomade is just for hold. if ya **** is nappy u gonna have to use a stronger pomade like murrays or dax. if ya **** is kinda st8 and easy to manage u should use a lighter pomade like duke or 360. also this nigga in da chair his hair was thick with waves and he was like make sure that my hair grows a certain length and use a moisturizer and wash my hair. if u use murrays u gonna have to wash every day to get that thick ish out u dont want it to accumalate on ya head if u use a lighter pomade just use plain warm water. also murrays and dax has da same ingrediants so its da same ish. if u black the barber is suppose to cut with da grain he told me and the thing he emfacized is too brush keep brushin muthafucka!

basically they told u the same thing we been sayin
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2004 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by bulzeyelou bulzeyelou wrote:

Originally posted by @#$% hitchcock @#$% hitchcock wrote:

basically they told u the same thing we been sayin

rofl. I doubt murrays huv da same ingr. as Dax. He prob just said dat cuz t hey both thick. Rember, Murrays was made along long time ago lik 1920.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D double E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2004 at 7:51am
so people had waves since then or did they use it for something else?
Keep on brushing
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2004 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by D double E D double E wrote:

I think they used it for somethin else. Look at the ppl's hair on the can.

United Waves of America
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2004 at 1:43pm

naw they did, but it wuz used for other things also. for example:
Joe's hair wuz alittle wavy but goin another way but styled lik dat instead of brushin waves.
phillyphil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillyphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2004 at 3:32pm
Dax ingrediants-petrolatum,mineral oil,lanolin,parfum

Murrays-petrolatum,mineral oil,fragrance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D double E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2004 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by seaTown seaTown wrote:

i haven't seen the can,wed don't have murrays in the uk.
Never knew waves were out for a long time, i thought it started in the late eighties.
Keep on brushing
Malvale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malvale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2004 at 6:56pm
Heck no man. My grandad was waving up back in the 30's. Didn't have that conk like other people had, though. Then again I never really knew what race that dude was....
There is always choice.
djcheesy08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djcheesy08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2004 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by phillyphil phillyphil wrote:

Dax ingrediants-petrolatum,mineral oil,lanolin,parfum

Murrays-petrolatum,mineral oil,fragrance

I think lanolin and parfum are fragrances. So Dax and Marrays are kind of the same thing.
BxRiverYoung02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2004 at 8:14pm
yea they are both pretty strong as well.
Official Dream Team Member
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website

seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2004 at 8:34pm

Never knew waves were out for a long time, i thought it started in the late eighties.

http://www.murrayspomade.com/original.html

Pic of Murray's for D double E.

United Waves of America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D double E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2004 at 10:45am

http://www.murrayspomade.com/original.html

Pic of Murray's for D double E.
They look old,never knew women use pomade too.
thanks for the pic.
Keep on brushing
GME_141 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GME_141 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2004 at 5:43pm
my boy in london took back a whole batch of that **** when he left the states
BxRiverYoung02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2004 at 6:32pm
Wonder why they don't have murrays in the uk.It is oone of the oldest pomades.
Official Dream Team Member
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D double E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2004 at 9:14am
In the shop i go to we have,360's,dax,sportin waves and duke
Keep on brushing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic