Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow do you get that poof

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rex View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you get that poof
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:50am
I'm taking pictures of a friend with waist length hair. She like to french braid it the night before then take it down so if has tons of waves for the picture. The problem is it is too flat on top for the shape of her face and the volume of the waves, so we want to make it poofier on top without pinning up the sides as we want to show her hair in it's full glory. How do we get it poofier on top. Blow drying is not the answer since she wants the waves.
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:51am
> I'm taking pictures of a friend with waist length> hair. She like to french braid it the night before> then take it down so if has tons of waves for the> picture. The problem is it is too flat on top for the> shape of her face and the volume of the waves, so we> want to make it poofier on top without pinning up the> sides as we want to show her hair in it's full glory.> How do we get it poofier on top. Blow drying is not> the answer since she wants the waves.I was waiting to see if anyone else answered this..so far no one has. I used to wear my hair in a poof in the front before I experienced water damage and the front broke off. I always had to "pin" it with a barrett to achieve this look. It did much better with blowing drying it straight in the front then cliping it in a poof with the barrett. Why not wash her hair.. blow dry the very front ..clip it.. then rewet the sides.. french braid it from there..let dry and then take it down? That should work.. Now I wear the front in feathers and my youngest son keeps asking me to grow the front in a "poof" again.. I am thinking of doing a poof with small feathery bangs.. You got me to thinking of it again.. :-) good luck.. Cher~
def View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote def Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:52am
Here's an idea rex,Instead of french braiding all of her hair into one braid,section the hair into horizontal partings (facing her side).Make sure the partings are even and go from the left side to the right side of her head, kinda like a horse-shoe. Then braid the hair according to the amount of wave you want. Make large braids for a looser wave and tighter braids for a tighter wave. It's up to you how many braids you want in each section. When making each braid, pull the hair to be braided at a 90 degree angle from the scalp. this is what will give you volume. Make sure you'r braid starts at the scalp, this way the wave created at the scalp will give volume also. (braid the bottom section all the way around the head first, then work your way up the head) NOW, when you finish braiding the top of her head, get some velcro rollers and place them under the top braids you created. Let the hair dry completely. then remove rollers, remove braids, then use a pick and some spray to achieve desired look. I know this sounds a bit technical, but it will give you the look you want. A totally activated wave with volume, If your friend must sleep with this style, tell her to sleep like a corpse, DONT MOVE! I wish i could show you this, it's much easier to explain hands on. GOOD LUCK!happy halloweendef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic