Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedgentle products to create big hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nyx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gentle products to create big hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:51am
I have shoulder length, medium thick, slightly wavy hair. I like doing it very big--sort of ala Madonna in the "Human Nature" video without the curls. My problem is that the only hairsprays I've found that will hold my hair up off my scalp are very hard, and can take multiple shampoos to get out. Does anyone know of a gel, spray, spritz, etc. that is strong enough to hold hair off the scalp, but is still sorta' soft?(without having to tease+blowdry upside-down? big sins--I know)Or am I going to be "freeze and shine"-ing forever?(oh--and I of course use lots of good condtioner! :)-n
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:52am
Here is my personal short list for big hair:The products below are designed to give big, bold hair and lots of volume without hardness for the most part or without a heavy, sticky residue. Here's a few of my suggestions:1. AMP VOLUME Leave In Thickening Cream by KMS Hair Care (I love this product)2. Volume Gel by ARTec (I also love all the ARTec products)3. Aveda Confixor (Hold but not too sticky or hard)4. Aveda Flax Seed/Aloe (Very hard feel, great hold)5. Vital Nutrients BodyFusion Volumizer by Matrix Essentials6. Robert De L'anza's Body Styling Cream by7. Schwarzkopf Natural Styling Gel Volume Plus8. Redken FAT CAT Thickening Lotion9. KMS Gelatto GelLet me know if you try any of these producst and what you think. I get lots of great volume and "big" hair with the KMS AMP without even using rollers. The Aveda Confixor, if I apply it heavily, will hold my bangs into good peaks.Best wishes,Karen> I have shoulder length, medium thick, slightly wavy> hair. I like doing it very big--sort of ala Madonna in> the "Human Nature" video without the curls.> My problem is that the only hairsprays I've found that> will hold my hair up off my scalp are very hard, and> can take multiple shampoos to get out. Does anyone> know of a gel, spray, spritz, etc. that is strong> enough to hold hair off the scalp, but is still sorta'> soft?> (without having to tease+blowdry upside-down? big> sins--I know)> Or am I going to be "freeze and shine"-ing> forever?> (oh--and I of course use lots of good condtioner! :)> -nRelated Link:WW Beauty Link
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic