Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFarrah's famous hairdo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kelli N. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelli N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Farrah's famous hairdo
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:52am
Hi, I'm preparing to get my hair cut like Farrah's famousstyle. How is the cut done? Are there any other tips anyonecan give me? I would appreciate it. I have very thick, darkhair, a few inches from being shoulder-length. There is alsoa natural wave/curliness to it, just slightly. Thanks for the feedback and tips.
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:52am
Hi,I am a "Farrah" veteran. I wore my hair in the Farrah style for several years. Basically it is a graduated layered cut and thick hair is perfect for the look.The layers are gradually cut from shorter to longer with the shorter layers in the front around the bangs and the sides so that you can get the "wing" effect.The key is not so much the graduated layers, but how you style it to get the fullness and the winged look.The bottom of the hair in the back is one length. The layers along the top of the crown and at the side will allow you to roll or use a curling iron to give the fullness that Farah had.I have included a similar style of graduated layers that could be easily styled into the winges on the side and the fullness around the crown.I can tell you that Farrah look requires a good setting gel like Aveda's Confixer and a good set of hot curlers or curling iron.Wavy hair is not a problem. My hair is naturally wavy. I still have photos of me from that period. I liked the style and it was great for thick hair. It does take daily work and you have to be religious about your cuts because every 6 weeks or so the layers will grow out and you will have a harder time getting the fullness and the curls.Hope that helped. I would recommend finding a photo of Farrah in her signature hairstyle and taking it with you to the stylist. A picture also speaks a thousand words.Best wishes,Karen> Hi, I'm preparing to get my hair cut like Farrah's> famous> style. How is the cut done? Are there any other tips> anyone> can give me? I would appreciate it. I have very thick,> dark> hair, a few inches from being shoulder-length. There> is also> a natural wave/curliness to it, just slightly. Thanks> for the feedback and tips.Related Link:Graduated Layers
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:53am
Hi, Karen,I really like the style in the photo you included, and I probably already know the answer to this question, but I will ask it anyway:Can someone with very fine, medium thick, slightly wavy hair successfully pull this off??Thanks,Clare> Hi,> I am a "Farrah" veteran. I wore my hair in> the Farrah style for several years. Basically it is a> graduated layered cut and thick hair is perfect for> the look.> The layers are gradually cut from shorter to longer> with the shorter layers in the front around the bangs> and the sides so that you can get the "wing"> effect.> The key is not so much the graduated layers, but how> you style it to get the fullness and the winged look.> The bottom of the hair in the back is one length. The> layers along the top of the crown and at the side will> allow you to roll or use a curling iron to give the> fullness that Farah had.> I have included a similar style of graduated layers> that could be easily styled into the winges on the> side and the fullness around the crown.> I can tell you that Farrah look requires a good> setting gel like Aveda's Confixer and a good set of> hot curlers or curling iron.> Wavy hair is not a problem. My hair is naturally wavy.> I still have photos of me from that period. I liked> the style and it was great for thick hair. It does> take daily work and you have to be religious about> your cuts because every 6 weeks or so the layers will> grow out and you will have a harder time getting the> fullness and the curls.> Hope that helped. I would recommend finding a photo of> Farrah in her signature hairstyle and taking it with> you to the stylist. A picture also speaks a thousand> words.> Best wishes,> Karen
Clare
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 2:53am
Hi Clare....Well I have slightly wavy hair and yes....I think someone with very fine, medium thick slightly wavy hair can pull this off. The key is to keep the front of the hair razored or texturized short enough to prevent the natural wave from showing up and to have the layers such that the thickness is highlighted and the fineness minimized.I actually think this would be a great style to try.I have seen this style on just about every face shape too and it can be modified to suit the face type by adding height to the crown, changing the angle of the bangs, wearing the hair off the face instead of hugging it.I have another photo of this same type of style but on a woman that has chest length hair and the front gracefully is graduated down to her chest. It looks stunning.IF I even cut my hair...I am going to go with this look...which I wore before I starting growing my hair to its current butt length.Don't worry...no immediate plans to cut my hair.If you need more examples, let me know and I will post them.Here is another graduated front cut but the layers are less pronounced in the back which gives the hair a softer overall look.Best wishes,Karen> Hi, Karen,> I really like the style in the photo you included, and> I probably already know the answer to this question,> but I will ask it anyway:> Can someone with very fine, medium thick, slightly> wavy hair successfully pull this off??> Thanks,> ClareRelated Link:Another Example Of Graduated Cut W/ Layers
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic