Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPoll: what products are you currently using?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jen Bahney View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Bahney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poll: what products are you currently using?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:02am
I thought it would be fun to see what people are using as winter descends! Here are my picks...Daily Shampoo: ARTec Smoothing or Aveda Shampure;Daily Conditioner: ARTec Smoothing or Aveda Curessence;Daily Styling Products: ARTec Smoothing Serum & Gel; ORAveda Elixir;Deep Treatment: Aveda Beautifying Oil OR Curessence;Occasionally, I'll use the Graham Webb Stick Straight line if I want to wear my hair long and straight, without the waves.
Jennifer J View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:02am
> I thought it would be fun to see what people are using> as winter descends!Here's mine... I alternate products all the time, so there's more than one.Daily shampoos:Botanics of California Clary Sage shampooAveda Clove shampooDaily Conditioners:Aubrey Organics GPBBotanics of Cali Clary Sage conditionerNature's Gate Jojoba conditionerMy hair just went all tweaky from a change in the weather so I'm thinking of picking up some Aveda Cherry-Almond bark conditioner which always seems to work better for me in the winter than in the summer.I also use a apple cider vinegar rinse after the shampoo and before the conditioner and occasionally an oil blend containing basil oil on the ends if my hair is getting overly dry.-jennifer j
Keth'ryn View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keth'ryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:02am
Hmmm... lets see:Shampoo:(alternating)ARTec Smoothing shampooAveda Pure-Fume Brilliant ShampooABBA AlphaWorksConditioner:(alternating)ARTec Smoothing ConditionerAveda Pure-Fume Brilliant ConditionerSebastian Potion # 7Aveda ElixirSebastian Potion # 9Aura Rosemary Mint RinseStyling Products:TIGI Texturizing PomadeAmerican Crew PomadeJoico ICE GelCourse this is just for right now as I'm always experimenting with new stuff.
Reena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:02am
You're right, that is a fun poll.I also alternate between products.Shampoo: Finness for dry hair, Aussie mega shampoo, Freeman really shiny hairCondioner: Panteen pro-v for dry hair, Clairol herbal essence deep conditioning balmOther: I generaally aply st. ives serum to the ends of my hair while still damp. Once a week i also deep condition using a mixture of one of the conditioners plus some serum and some saflower oil.Unlike most of you, I've only ever used drugstore products. My reasons for this are:1. My hair is quite dry so I only use shampoo on my roots which are quite perfect and don't need anything special.2.For the rest of long my hair, which is much less pefect, I could never afford a salon conditioner. I use so much of the stuff each time I wash my hair that it would get incredibly expensive.
LittleO View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:02am
Right now I am usingAveda's shampure or Salon selectives Aloe Mango blend,Biolage or Aussie.conditoners: Nature's Gate Aloe Treatment Conditioner,Aura citrus conditioner or Willow Lake Milk and Carrot extract.Tigi's leave in or rinse out conditonerBiolage's conditioning spray.Aveda's Witch Hazel HairsprayTigi's Gel glossThe rest of you picked some really good shampoo's :)
Johannah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johannah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:02am
Hello everyone,I'm curently working my way through my Louise Marie Longhairs sample pack. 15 little shampoos, 3 big conditioners, Honey Bee Long deep conditoner, Magic spray conditioner/detangler, and all sorts of other sample goodies. It's been tons of fun! My hair has never been this soft and shiny. The magic spray is a heaven sent. It leaves my hair soft, shiny, and tangle-free. I have never used anything like it. And all with no silicones or other damaging ingredents.Related Link:Louise Marie Longhairs
Kay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:02am
And here are the German votes:Shampoo: Organics (dry hair) or Swiss-O-Par Tea Tree Oil ShampooConditioner: Swiss-O-Par Tea Tree OilOccasionally I also use a hot oil treatment from Guhl.Styling aids: Body Shop Coconut Hairwax, Wella Wet Gel and Styling Creme, Taft (I think it is Taft)Gelwax.All these are drugstore brands - and I have to admit that I like to experiment, especially as I do have a skin allergy (Neurodermitis) and have to find products which don't cause my skin and scalp to itch or react in any other possible way.That's it from a grey and foggy GermanyTake careKay
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:02am
nm
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:02am
My favorite product right now is the new Cortexx deep conditioner. It promises to reduce breakage and splitting by 75%. I've used this conditioner 2-3 times per week for a month, and my fine hair looks shinier and feels stronger. The scent is nice and light, too. Actually got a compliment from my mother-in-law!
Gretchen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gretchen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:02am
This is my current routine, all of them are Louise Marie products.Shampoos:#2 Superclean#3 Herb Medic#8 Hairgasm#22 LavaTea Superclean (occasionally)#25 Herb Medic Soften (occasionally)Conditioners:#10-A Protein#10-B Oil-free Protein#17 Lilith#9 Tea TreeDeep Conditioning:Honey Bee Hair PackBliss Tips Ends Oilplus the other conditioners left on for 1/2 hour or soOther:Scalp OilMagic Spray leave-in conditionerIt's really interesting to see the different routines everybody has!--Gretchen :-)
Johannah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johannah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:02am
Oh, yes! I love both the scalp oil and the bliss tips oil. The bliss tips makes my hair SO soft. Loise Marie really knows her stuff.Related Link:Louise Marie Longhairs
Teresa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:02am
I'm currently in a very experimental phase. Until about four months ago I had only ever used grocery store brands of shampoo and conditioner. I thought that my hair was in good conditon. Now that I'm experimenting with a few of the salon brands and some of the natural type products, I've found that I was wrong. My hair is in so much better condion than it was.Daily shampoo: alternate between Paul Mitchel Tea Tree Oil, Nature's Gate Rainwater Herbal, Joico Kerapro, Nature's Gate Biotin (& occasionally try others too)Daily conditioner: alternate between Paul Mitchel Tea Tree Oil, Nature's Gate Rainwater Rosemary, Joico Lite, Nature's Gate BiotinDaily Styling products: I don't use them.Deep treatment: Aveda Beautifying Oil, Joico K-pac, Apricot Kernel Oil (although I don't use this one much since I've found the Beautifying oil which I love the smell of)Occasionally I'll use a lightweight leave-in condioner. I'm still experimenting with that and haven't found one that I'm terribly fond of yet.
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:03am
Ok, here's my two cents.I very much want to try the Aveda, Louise Marie and Artec lines but two things get in my way, time and money. With a family of four to look after its often hard to make time and/or money just for mom. So my regime is to just stop by the health food aisles of the grocery store and pick up a variety of Nature's Gate items, Aloe, Jojoba, Keratin, Biotin, Original Herbal, Rainwater (I'm dying to find some Chamomile and Tea Tree to try but there's that time issue again, going to other stores to shop for shampoo) all the above are in our showers here. Tacked on to the outrageous food bills I pay, the little extravagence of these shampoos and conditioners is never noticed. Since discoveringthe Jojoba, it has become my staple since it leaves my hair so very tangle free. I used to add some St.Ives mud miracle packs and hot oil treatments too but have given them up since they seemed to be drying out my ends and giving me tangles. Now I just use the shampoo and conditioner combos then double condition with a second dose of jojoba over whatever it is I'm using. Its been working great. Zero tangles, super soft hair, quick and easy, very inexpensive. I can goop on as much conditioner as I want without a care. The thought crosses my mind to try lots of other products, salon and supermarket, but I can't ever get past the ingredients lists. I won't use shampoos with dyes, silicones, excessive alchohol, or that don't have anythingI can decifer on the label. I haven't found any that fit that bill, especially the dye part. So I stick to my rut and live vicariously through all the adventurous experimentation that you brave girls engage in!I'm so much looking forward to that day when I can send away for a $100 pack of hair care products but till then I'm not holding my breath!Really great topic Jen, its been fun to read all the responses!Very best wishes to all and happy holidays!Dawn
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:03am
Hi Jennifer,What kind of oil do you use that contain basil oil?Thanks,Clare> Here's mine... I alternate products all the time, so> there's more than one.> Daily shampoos:> Botanics of California Clary Sage shampoo> Aveda Clove shampoo> Daily Conditioners:> Aubrey Organics GPB> Botanics of Cali Clary Sage conditioner> Nature's Gate Jojoba conditioner> My hair just went all tweaky from a change in the> weather so I'm thinking of picking up some Aveda> Cherry-Almond bark conditioner which always seems to> work better for me in the winter than in the summer.> I also use a apple cider vinegar rinse after the> shampoo and before the conditioner and occasionally an> oil blend containing basil oil on the ends if my hair> is getting overly dry.> -jennifer j
Clare
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:03am
Hi, Dawn,I saw your pictures, and your hair is awesome. Seems like what your doing is working, and if its fairly simple, hey, that's pretty cool. NG Jojoba Conditioner is on of my favorites right now as well. I have no problem detangling with my fingers in about a minute. I have not tried the shampoo yet. Do you use it as well?Have a good day.Clare> Ok, here's my two cents.> I very much want to try the Aveda, Louise Marie and> Artec lines but two things get in my way, time and> money. With a family of four to look after its often> hard to make time and/or money just for mom. So my> regime is to just stop by the health food aisles of> the grocery store and pick up a variety of Nature's> Gate items, Aloe, Jojoba, Keratin, Biotin, Original> Herbal, Rainwater (I'm dying to find some Chamomile> and Tea Tree to try but there's that time issue again,> going to other stores to shop for shampoo) all the> above are in our showers here. Tacked on to the> outrageous food bills I pay, the little extravagence> of these shampoos and conditioners is never noticed.> Since discovering> the Jojoba, it has become my staple since it leaves my> hair so very tangle free. I used to add some St.Ives> mud miracle packs and hot oil treatments too but have> given them up since they seemed to be drying out my> ends and giving me tangles. Now I just use the shampoo> and conditioner combos then double condition with a> second dose of jojoba over whatever it is I'm using.> Its been working great. Zero tangles, super soft hair,> quick and easy, very inexpensive. I can goop on as> much conditioner as I want without a care. The thought> crosses my mind to try lots of other products, salon> and supermarket, but I can't ever get past the> ingredients lists. I won't use shampoos with dyes,> silicones, excessive alchohol, or that don't have> anything> I can decifer on the label. I haven't found any that> fit that bill, especially the dye part. So I stick to> my rut and live vicariously through all the> adventurous experimentation that you brave girls> engage in!> I'm so much looking forward to that day when I can> send away for a $100 pack of hair care products but> till then I'm not holding my breath!> Really great topic Jen, its been fun to read all the> responses!> Very best wishes to all and happy holidays!> Dawn
Clare
Clare View Drop Down

Also, is there anyway you can find out the 800number for the Botanics of California? It sounds interesting to me. Thanks.Clare> Hi Jennifer,> What kind of oil do you use that contain basil oil?> Thanks,> Clare
Clare
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:03am
> Also, is there anyway you can find out the 800> number for the Botanics of California? It sounds> interesting to me. Thanks.The basil oil blend is from a company called Wise Woman Herbals (I think...). I think the basil oil is the first or second ingredient. It's nice, not nearly as heavy as the jojoba oil I used to use, but it smells kinda funny.Botanics of California has a web page at: http://www.botanicscalifornia.comIt has their 800#, online ordering and an explanation of their philosophy. I've never ordered off the website though, so I can't vouch for it.-jj
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:03am
> Also, is there anyway you can find out the 800> number for the Botanics of California? It sounds> interesting to me. Thanks.Also... let me know if you try it. I'll warn you, it feels REALLY weird at first. The first time I rinsed their shampoo out of my hair I paniced... my hair felt all sticky and scary... I was soooo scared that it had messed up my hair. But then as it dried it got really soft.-jj
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:03am
Hey Clare!Thanks so much for your comments, that's very kind of you. Yes, I sure do use the jojoba shampoo too, its very sweetly scented and quite smoothing. I like it a lot. It may be my favorite NG product but I use them all really, depending on my mood.Good luck with your experimenting!Best wishes to all,Dawn
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:05am
> Dawn.. Just a question. You seem to know NG pretty well ingredients wise. You say you will not use any products with silicones. Are you sure NG does not have any? I have perused all my bottles and do not see any cone words.. but they slip in some scientific words that I cannot figure out! Also.. how often do you wash your hair? Cher> I very much want to try the Aveda, Louise Marie and> Artec lines but two things get in my way, time and> money. With a family of four to look after its often> hard to make time and/or money just for mom. So my> regime is to just stop by the health food aisles of> the grocery store and pick up a variety of Nature's> Gate items, Aloe, Jojoba, Keratin, Biotin, Original> Herbal, Rainwater (I'm dying to find some Chamomile> and Tea Tree to try but there's that time issue again,> going to other stores to shop for shampoo) all the> above are in our showers here. Tacked on to the> outrageous food bills I pay, the little extravagence> of these shampoos and conditioners is never noticed.> Since discovering> the Jojoba, it has become my staple since it leaves my> hair so very tangle free. I used to add some St.Ives> mud miracle packs and hot oil treatments too but have> given them up since they seemed to be drying out my> ends and giving me tangles. Now I just use the shampoo> and conditioner combos then double condition with a> second dose of jojoba over whatever it is I'm using.> Its been working great. Zero tangles, super soft hair,> quick and easy, very inexpensive. I can goop on as> much conditioner as I want without a care. The thought> crosses my mind to try lots of other products, salon> and supermarket, but I can't ever get past the> ingredients lists. I won't use shampoos with dyes,> silicones, excessive alchohol, or that don't have> anything> I can decifer on the label. I haven't found any that> fit that bill, especially the dye part. So I stick to> my rut and live vicariously through all the> adventurous experimentation that you brave girls> engage in!> I'm so much looking forward to that day when I can> send away for a $100 pack of hair care products but> till then I'm not holding my breath!> Really great topic Jen, its been fun to read all the> responses!> Very best wishes to all and happy holidays!> Dawn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic