Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFormal hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Formal hair!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:02am
Help!!! I have my office holiday party in two weeks, and it's formal. I have very fine pin straight hair just above my shoulders. (Growing out a bob) I have a lot of fine hair though, it kinda likes to float up from all the static this time of year. Anyway my hair is too short for an updo, and too long to look nice. Its impossible to curl, and never likes to stay in place! Any suggestions?
~*~Alisha~*~
Teresa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:02am
Hi Ali.I have one suggestion that might be useful. Hair jewelry is very popular right now. If you choose a rhinestone or pearl barette of some sort it could add a formal touch.The particular style that I have seen a lot recently is to part the hair to one side and use a jeweled barette to hold the hair off the face. You might also want to consider using some type of lightweight pommade to help keep the rest of your hair in place and eliminate static problems.Good luck,Teresa
Jennifer J View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:03am
> Help!!! I have my office holiday party in two weeks,> and it's formal. I have very fine pin straight hair> just above my shoulders. (Growing out a bob) I have a> lot of fine hair though, it kinda likes to float up> from all the static this time of year. Anyway my hair> is too short for an updo, and too long to look nice.> Its impossible to curl, and never likes to stay in> place! Any suggestions?I don't know if this is too young or edgy for you, but I've seen a really cute style a lot on people with your length of hair lately. It's very simple. Just section your hair into 8-12 sections going parallel to your part (i.e. perpendicular to your hairline). Take the 1.5-3 inches of hair closest to the hairline on each section, twist it so it lays back from your hairline parallell to your part (it kinda looks like a cornrow only twisted instead of braided) and secure it with a clip of some sort and leave the remainder of your hair loose. Mostly it's a fairly casual look, but if you used some nice silver butterfly look clips or something else very formal to secure them it could look quite dressy.-jennifer j
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic