Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcurly hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
k greene View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k greene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: curly hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:07am
i am bored with my curly hair and wanted to know if anyone knew anything about relaxers or straighteners. I do not want it to be stick straight, but i feel like i am limited with my curly curls.
same here View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote same here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:08am
> i am bored with my curly hair and wanted to know if> anyone knew anything about relaxers or straighteners.> I do not want it to be stick straight, but i feel like> i am limited with my curly curls.what can i do to my hair...i am a male with curly hair and i just dont like cutting it short anymore, i feel like that i am limited to hairstyles and i dont know what to do. I really want straight hair though but what can I do?...
Jen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:08am
You could always grow it long... The length weighs the curl down, so your hair looses a lot of the curl. (In most cases, that is. Some people have very stubborn hair.) When I was little I had very curly hair, but as it grew longer it lost a lot of its curl, now its (naturally) barely wavy. My fiance grew his hair out long because he was sick of it being so curly, and it worked for him. He now has lovely waves, and that's all.
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:08am
> i am bored with my curly hair and wanted to know if> anyone knew anything about relaxers or straighteners.> I do not want it to be stick straight, but i feel like> i am limited with my curly curls.To "K" Your Curly Curls: Instead of 'straightening your hair completely, you might try this solution, Many times a person with naturally curly hair can relax their hair partially by performing a "soft perm" on like orange straight rods. The perm solution breaks the 'bonds' and the hair will take on the form of the new permed in curls formed by the size of the rods. This will work for most hair types except very tight, kinky curls and usually a 'for real' relaxer is the best for this type hair. If you use a relaxer, you can vary the processing time for the relaxer and vary the amount of change to your hair, by how long the solution stays on. Just for your information, most relaxers contain simalar chemicals to most perms. william.
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:10am
Kgreene,Having lived with what is known as type 3A hair (think loose curl like Julia Roberts) all of my life, I too have had my share of the frizzy, untameable bad hair days. However, no matter how uncontollable your curls can be, I seriously don't recommend using a relaxer. I have used both the Rusk Radical Anti-Curl Relaxer and the Paul Brown Relaxer. Both are "no-lye" relaxers, and both left my hair in even more of a frizzy state. What the stylists don't tell you is that even when you relax, you must still tug on the hair with a blowdryer and brush to get a smooth result. My suggestion to you (and it's the one that I now live by) is to obtain a 1 inch barrell curling iron and define your curls instead of fighting them. Make sure to use a heat protectant. Good luck and take pride that curls are all the rage right now.... thank you Kate Winslet!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic