Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"All about Hair"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "All about Hair"
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:08am
Well.. here I sit with 15 or so bottles of my shampoo/conditioners spread all about on my computer table.. As soon as I read Karen's article on All about Hair and the section on ingredients.. I said, "HOT DOG>> I gathered all my regulars about me and started in comparing all the words unbeknown to man, to the words listed on the ingredients chart. Wow.. I am impressed. Finally I am learning what it all means. I am even more impressed with Nature's Gate first off. They only use food grade perservatives. And as far as I can see no silicones at all. Tons of natural ingredients.. I am sold completely. . Secondly I am happy with Artec/Aveda til I get to the Dimeithicone Copolyol, which is a water soluble silicone. Aveda uses it too. I am assuming since it is water soluble that it washes away? I sent a request into All about Hair...hoping he can shed some light on the subject to me. I am totally sold on my NG now.. I am hoping the Dimeithicone Copolyol isn't accumulative. I have decided to stray away from all silicone usage. I don't want to have to give Artec up. I love the detangler. The Moisture PAC is great for those deep conditioning treatments.. so I hope the news on the silicones in question is positive. Thanks Karen for the tip on the new site. I had a fun morning learning.. Happy Holidays.. Cher
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic