Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLong Hair Care Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Victoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long Hair Care Questions
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:10am
My hair has just reached my sacrum and I am having new problems with this length. I have never before had problems with tangles or dryness however, now I am experiencing increased difficulty with combing and tangling. Even when I keep it braided I get tangles at the nape of my neck. My husband trims my hair about once every three or four months, any time I trusted someone else I ended up losing at least 12". Please offer suggestions as to products and care routine. Thank you.
Mikel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:10am
Victoria: Sounds as if you need a good detangling conditioner for your hair. In addition to getting suggestions from the knowledgable people here, you may want to consult with Marie Louise Longhairs at www.doctorlonghair.com. There's a spot on the site where you complete a profile of your hair and you will get a response as to what might be appropriate products for treatment. Can't hurt to give it a try. Good luck!> My hair has just reached my sacrum and I am having new> problems with this length. I have never before had> problems with tangles or dryness however, now I am> experiencing increased difficulty with combing and> tangling. Even when I keep it braided I get tangles at> the nape of my neck. My husband trims my hair about> once every three or four months, any time I trusted> someone else I ended up losing at least 12".> Please offer suggestions as to products and care> routine. Thank you.
Ranae View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:11am
I want my boyfriend to recognize me so what should I do? Cut my hair our make it all fluffy by combing it.
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:11am
Victoria, try putting a hairtie or scrunchie in at the nape of your neck, before you begin your braid, this might hold it tighter and prevent tangles in that area. Thats always a bad spot for me too, the collar area and I often use this technique, especially when I'm going out for the day. Also, make sure you're conditioning up to your neck area. I wash from the scalp to the neck and shoulders, then conditioner generously from the neck on down to the ends. The very best way to prevent tangles is to not let them get started, especially with very long hair since getting them out takes patience, patience, patience!Good luck!Happy Holidays to all!DawnMy hair has just reached my sacrum and I am having new> problems with this length. I have never before had> problems with tangles or dryness however, now I am> experiencing increased difficulty with combing and> tangling. Even when I keep it braided I get tangles at> the nape of my neck. My husband trims my hair about> once every three or four months, any time I trusted> someone else I ended up losing at least 12".> Please offer suggestions as to products and care> routine. Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic