Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhenna help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: henna help
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:16am
I have been colouring my hair with henna for the last several years. I like the colour and since I am starting to go grey, the henna gives me neat looking highlights. My stylist has been telling me that I should stop using henna and switch to "modern" commercial hair colouring products as they are more gentle to the hair. Has anyone out there had experience using henna? Is it any more harsh than than other products? If I were to switch, what product(s) would give me the same results? Thanks for your help and Happy New Year! Kath
Paula Lehrke View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Lehrke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:16am
> I have been colouring my hair with henna for the last> several years. I like the colour and since I am> starting to go grey, the henna gives me neat looking> highlights. My stylist has been telling me that I> should stop using henna and switch to> "modern" commercial hair colouring products> as they are more gentle to the hair. Has anyone out> there had experience using henna? Is it any more harsh> than than other products? If I were to switch, what> product(s) would give me the same results? Thanks for> your help and Happy New Year! Kathhenna harsh? I never understood it to be harsh. My philosophy, "if it's not broke, don't fix" The idea that henna is inferior is like comparing apples to grapes. I'm happy to see henna making a comeback because it is gentle and pleasant to work with. I remember in the 80's with the "build up" hype henna lost it's popularity because it is a supposed type of build up. I've always thought of it as more as a kind of stain. commercial coloring products offer much more accuracy and possibilities, but if you found a henna that works well and consistantly, by all means, keep using it. If an accumulitive problem developes, then a change would be in order. Hey, and how 'bout henna tatoo?
Ray View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:18am
> I have been colouring my hair with henna for the last> several years. I like the colour and since I am> starting to go grey, the henna gives me neat looking> highlights. My stylist has been telling me that I> should stop using henna and switch to> "modern" commercial hair colouring products> as they are more gentle to the hair. Has anyone out> there had experience using henna? Is it any more harsh> than than other products? If I were to switch, what> product(s) would give me the same results? Thanks for> your help and Happy New Year! KathIn fact, henna is one of the harshest things you can use to color your hair. It is very drying. I think your stylist sounds like she has a brain. Listen to her.Ray
Kath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:20am
> In fact, henna is one of the harshest things you can> use to color your hair. It is very drying. I think> your stylist sounds like she has a brain. Listen to> her.> RayI appreciate the quick responses that I received regarding henna. Thank you all, but Ahhhhh... I'm still confused! Is henna harsher than commerical hair colour? I find the consensus to be half for and half against the use of henna. I can't seem to find a reasonable explanation for the confusion. What does henna contain that makes it gentler/harsher on your hair? If any one can set me straight I'd love to hear from you. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic