Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedafrican braids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vickie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: african braids
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:18am
I have synthetic extensions in my hair and I love them. However I am looking for the best way to take care of them, i.e. washing. The last time I had braids washing my hair seemed to cause them to loosen tremendously. My stylist says that I have to be careful about the type of shampoo I use and also the temperature of the water (keep cool). Another problem I have is that sometimes the ends of my natural hair protrudes out of the braid making the braids look tacky. Any suggestions?
rene mariga] View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rene mariga] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:18am
> I have synthetic extensions in my hair and I love> them. However I am looking for the best way to take> care of them, i.e. washing. The last time I had braids> washing my hair seemed to cause them to loosen> tremendously. My stylist says that I have to be> careful about the type of shampoo I use and also the> temperature of the water (keep cool). Another problem> I have is that sometimes the ends of my natural hair> protrudes out of the braid making the braids look> tacky. Any suggestions?
rene mariga] View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rene mariga] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:18am
If you would like to learn how to take care of your braids. The book "No Lye" by Tulani Kinard has a lot info on the care of braids. I wash my braids in the shower under gentle water. Do not scrub your hair vigorously. I put the shampoo on my hands and create a small lather and use my fingertips to line my whole scalp and braids with lather. Tilt your head back and let the water gently rinse the lather. I use a herbal shampoo or a clarifying shampoo because some thick cream like shampoos can leave a residue. It depends on your hair type on how yor hair reacts to washing braids. Ask you stylist if she offers the service of hairwashing. Again the book No lye has a lot good information. Is your hair braided with regular synthetic or brand name Kanekalon hair. I think the kanekalon reacts better with washings.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic