Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - IF YOU HAVE CURLS GO WITH THEM >>>THEY LOOK BETTER THAN STRAIGHT HAIR!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIF YOU HAVE CURLS GO WITH THEM >>>THEY LOOK BETTER THAN STRAIGHT HAIR!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kerri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IF YOU HAVE CURLS GO WITH THEM >>>THEY LOOK BETTER THAN STRAIGHT HAIR!!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:26am
OKI have naturally curly hair and I love it!! I don't understand women that are obsessed with the idea of having pancake flat hair, it looks fake and retarded. Going to the salon and getting your hair chemically straightned 1.) can't be good for your hair. 2.) In most cases looks like you are stuck in the 60's. If you have naturally straight hair thats fine. I also can put my hair straight by using a small tooth pick and applying some non-abrasive hair gel.I just think curly hair is so much cooler to look at. So women go with your hair, not against it ok?!
jennifer j View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:26am
> I have naturally curly hair and I love it!! I don't> understand women that are obsessed with the idea of> having pancake flat hair, it looks fake and retarded.Unless you're asian... then it looks perfectly natural. IMHO asian women with perms look a bit strange.Don't forget that there's a WHOLE lot of people in this world and that what looks "fake" on one person might not on another. And of course there's a whole lot of people out there who really like to look fake, or different or whatever.-jennifer j(Who BTW: is also much happier letting my curly hair be curly.)
ANNEMARIE View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANNEMARIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:26am
> Unless you're asian... then it looks perfectly> natural. IMHO asian women with perms look a bit> strange.> Don't forget that there's a WHOLE lot of people in> this world and that what looks "fake" on one> person might not on another. And of course there's a> whole lot of people out there who really like to look> fake, or different or whatever.> -jennifer j> (Who BTW: is also much happier letting my curly hair> be curly.)Hello, what is it with people these days?, I mean, my hair is naturally curly, but that doesn't mean I wake up every morning with lovely bouncing curls, quite the opposite.In fact, my hair, at any time, not just in the morning resembles candy floss-not exactly something to go with, I can't even wear my hair down let alone GO WITH IT.
Kerri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:26am
well annemarie no harshness to you, but im just sick of people complaining about their curls. (and if you don't think thats theres a lot of them just take a look at this page) In my opoinon curls are better, And I HAVE EXPERINCED people who are so anal about there hair being straight that they will go to great lenths to straighten it. Not that I have the right to judge people , but if some people would just except there curls I think that they would be a lot better off. I know THAT from personal experience.Kerri
Ed. long hair lover View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed. long hair lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:27am
> OK> I have naturally curly hair and I love it!! Idon't> understand women that are obsessed with the ideaof> having pancake flat hair, it looks fake andretarded.> Going to the salon and getting your hairchemically> straightned 1.) can't be good for your hair. 2.)In> most cases looks like you are stuck in the 60's.If> you have naturally straight hair thats fine. Ialso> can put my hair straight by using a small toothpick> and applying some non-abrasive hair gel.I justthink> curly hair is so much cooler to look at. So womengo> with your hair, not against it ok?!There is no hair prettier than long silky straight hair.
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:27am
I have long, naturally curly hair, and if I had my druthers, sure, I'd want straight hair. But, I work with what I have, and it's less damaging for my hair to work with it's original texture. I'm just glad to be living in a time where both straight and curly hair are acceptable (fashion-wise). Back in the 60's, straight or straightened hair was the *only* fashion standard.
Mikel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:27am
Kerri: It's so true! So many people aren't happy with what they have, straight or curly! I have naturally straight hair with a bit of a wave, but I went and got a "body perm" for texture. Not that I'm completely unhappy with it, but chemicals on your natural hair aren't good for it, especially if repeated frequently. It's nice to have a choice, but straightening naturally curly hair (or perming naturally straight hair) requires maintenance and upkeep and does not solve all our hair problems. I can relate to your comments! Mikel> well annemarie no harshness to you, but im just sick> of people complaining about their curls. (and if you> don't think thats theres a lot of them just take a> look at this page) In my opoinon curls are better, And> I HAVE EXPERINCED people who are so anal about there> hair being straight that they will go to great lenths> to straighten it. Not that I have the right to judge> people , but if some people would just except there> curls I think that they would be a lot better off. I> know THAT from personal experience.> Kerri
Kerri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:27am
I really appreciate the positive feedback Mike. Sometimes if people would work with what they have they might be happier and can actually say its theirs!! I'm so glad that you can relate!Kerri:)
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:27am
Yahoo!First I would like to thank Kate Winslet (of Titanic fame)for not only making red the hot color of the moment, but for also showing that curls can can be beautiful (even is she naturally has straight hair). Yes, curls can be absolute chaos-- but from experience, even a messy curl looks good! Four years ago, I grew my hair long and always wore my loose curls down-- then two years ago, I relaxed it and cut it into that "Friends" look.... Anyway, did I get any compliments on my new "Friends" cut? NO! NO! NO!. Did I used to get compliments on my unruly curls? ALWAYS! Case Rested! Thanks Kerri for bringing forth the fact that curls are COOOL!Sherry
Ruth Ann View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruth Ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:28am
What happens when you don't know WHAT type of hair yours is, but you think it's curly? (at least it was when I was younger)I think I DO have to have a perm just to "control" and guide my hairwhat do you think?
Kerri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:28am
theres a good way to test your hair ruthanne....when your hair is wet...use a scrunshing motion and see if it curls..ie...flip your head over and cup your hands over the tips of your hair..scrunch your hair upward tward your face. if it startes to curl you will know when it drys you might have a good curl Hope it works out the way you want!!!KERRI
Kerri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:28am
> Thanks a bunch sherry!! I have gotten some feedback (mostly positive) and I just(in my humble opoinion) Like curls better. Everybodys curls are slightly different, and that makes them unique. I am never going to straighten my hair!!!!(which is my choice people!!!so call off the dogs)KERRI
Ruth Ann View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruth Ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:30am
First of all, thanx for the tip, Kerri!Now I've got some questions about your hair... =)-How long is it???-What is your face shape???-What color is your hair?And what do you think about shoulder length curly hair?Thanx, Ruth Ann
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic