Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedClarifying Shampoo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jeanie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clarifying Shampoo
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:27am
Looking for suggestions for a good clarifying shampoo....as well as how often to use one. Use hair products about only once every three days.... Thanks! Jeanie
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:27am
Hi Jeanie,I have very loose curls and I tend to be heavy handed with the styling aids... I must to keep the frizz down. However, since I use heavier products I must clarify! This is my routine:Monday-Saturday: Wash and Condition with ARTec Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner; Apply styling aidsSunday: Wash with ARTec Volume Shampoo and Condition with the Smoothing Conditioner (you could try the Volume Cond. for less buildup)Once a month: a good shampoo with Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo. This stuff really gets the grime out, but my hair feels so dry right afterwards, which is why I only use it once a month.Also, even though I like to use lots of styling aids, I really try to keep my use of silicone products down. I do use a VERY small dollop (I must b/c of frizz) but I tend to gravitate more towards aids with moisturizing properties. I like ARTec Texturecreme and Dep Gel with Moisturizers!Sherry :)
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:27am
hi.i like white rain clarifying shampoo. it very effective and 89 cents a bottle. i use a LOT of gel cuz my hair is very short and straight, and sticks out all over the place if i don't. i don't notice too much dryness with it, and i use it about 3 or 4 times a week. if you don't use styling products very often i would try using it once a week.peace.> Looking for suggestions for a good clarifying> shampoo....as well as how often to use one. Use hair> products about only once every three days.... Thanks!> Jeanie
Natalie
LittleO View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:27am
Hey Jeanie,I never tried KMS's 'Phirst', but I heard that its a pretty good clarifying shampoo.One that I personally like is Joico's Resolve, it removes buildup.Normally you should use a clarifying shampoo twice a week, but I guess since you don't use styling products that often, probably just once a week.I know that this has nothing to do with the subject, but if you go swimming or something and need a good shampoo to remove chlorine, salt water etc. Aveda's Detoxifier is something that I tried once and loved!Good Luck!!You can find KMS and Joico at WWBeauty store, but I got the Joico at a salon in town.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic