Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat is it.......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
m00t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m00t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is it.......
    Posted: August 27 2004 at 12:45am
What is it that a Kit can do that good ol brushing dedication can't...this question has always intrigued me...is there a special formula in it....cus i was reading the back of one today and it talked about hair falling out ...burning your eyes...and all this stuff...... anyone got a good idea why the kit is so effective though?
A nappy jamaican head turned good
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 12:47am
I think ppl use kits cuz they lazy... they don't want to brush and want waves right then. Im not sure what kits exactally do to the hair tho... kina like perms on women i guess.

United Waves of America
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 12:56am
kit detangles and str8-en the hair out... u still have 2 brush. Further den dat i dont know.

sum1 email luster and see ask nicly wut a kit actually does.

haha im outtie
jarell1944 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarell1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 1:17am
yo if u use a kit on a head that has no waves at all and wash yo head...i wonder if yo waves gone be gone once u dry yo head and try 2 brush n all that...nah mean...or like the kit will fade away
Bet you never even felt the heat till i put the M-1 next to ya waves and melt the greaseWhat Im Workin WitDiane brush & Soft Brush both militaryMurrys Super Light Pomade/Nu Nile
BxRiverYoung02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxRiverYoung02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 2:43am
like tw!sta said the kit straightens your hair to the point where when you put the pomade in yo hair and brush you can acheive waves in just 10 minutes.
Official Dream Team Member
http://www.dreamteam360.net/
Dream Team Website

bulzeyelou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 8:44am
iono if that true or not.......
m00t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m00t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 11:49am
we should get the dude that did the College Research to look into this matter. i wanna know what t his stuff is feeding the hair and why its so dangerous. *get up on podium* The Kit is the Devil. The Wave pamplet tells us of an evil which makes artificial training of the hair in no time.... EVIL!!!
A nappy jamaican head turned good
D double E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D double E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 1:26pm
Brushing just extends the curls in your hair which creates waves but this as most of you know takes months or longer.
What kits does is extend the curls in your hair artificially in minutes but they have sodium hydroxide in them,thats why they burn and also when i used it about 3 years ago the hair in my sides was thinning out which is why i stopped.
Kits have loads of chemicals in them so i won't advice anyone to use it.
People normally use it as a head start when starting waves or for those with hard hair who hae short waves they use it to make there waves longer.

Brush and in months you'l do what kit does in minutes but it's more healthy and it lasts better too.

Keep on brushing
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 1:50pm
Yeah so.. a kit basically relaxes the curls and allows them to stretch out like a relaxer that women use?

United Waves of America
D double E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D double E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by seaTown seaTown wrote:

Yeah so.. a kit basically relaxes the curls and allows them to stretch out like a relaxer that women use?
The womens ones are worse,they damage your hair even worse by straightening it all the way but i also used that once too lol and my hair was so easy to manage.
Keep on brushing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic