Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDo vitamins make hair grow faster?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do vitamins make hair grow faster?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:28am
I'm a black woman who is on a mission for longer, stronger hair. I supplement my diet with vitamins E, C, B's, and iron. I take EXCELLENT care of my hair (washing regularly, conditioning and trims), but my hair only grows about 1/2 inch per month. I want it to hurry up! Any suggestions anyone? - Mimi
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:28am
Hi,This is such a controversial subject. I have so many opinions about this and so do a million other people. My basic experience and belief is that while hair vitamins help you holistically, they do not, in themselves help hair grow faster.I believe, after years of researching this, that hair is genetically predetermined and this includes the rate of growth. Some things will help "maximize" your own natural growth predetermination. But I don't believe it can change it.I have personally tried EVERYTHING. And I do mean everything......from affirmations to aromatherapy (Basil oil) and head massages and yoga headstands, Oriental hair pulling, accupuncture, herbs, special oil treatments (with rosemary oil) accupressure on my scalp, visualization, meditation, rolfing, cutting my hair by the moon, eating seaweed & taking kelp etc etc etc.I am like you, when I am on a mission, nothing will stop me. I also am a research nut and when I am interested in a topic I will research it to death.I have found for me that when my body is at optimal health (eating healthy, no caffeine or soda or sugar or limited fat) my hair will grow at its optimal growth rate of 1/2 inch per month. I have also found that if I slack off and eat poorly (sugar, alcohol, coffee) my hair may only grow 1/4 to 1/16th of an inch per month.Some people swear by a variety of solutions including vitamins. I think in the big picture that vitamins are a great thing because overall they help the body. In the short term, I don't think they will necessarily help hair grow. I have seen no obvious proof of it for myself or other people.I think if you are in poor health, vitamins will help. If you are good health vitamins will be the icing on the cake. Taken alone, I don't think they make that much difference on the hair.I do know that taking Essential Fatty Acids and Vitamin B does make my hair seem fuller and thicker. I also know that taking Flaxseed oil makes my hair shinier. Seaweed and kelp does seem to make my hair grow to its maximum 1/2 inch.Unfortunately the rest of the equation seems to be patience, patience and patience. I wish there was a magic pill or answer because I would write a book or sell the formula.You are doing all the right things by taking excellent care of your hair. I always say, what you reap is what you sow.I have asked someone who is using vivisceral to write a review for us. She is currently working on it. She thinks it has helped her with her growth cycle. I am skeptical until I see some more results.Best wishes & keep doing what you're doing.Karen> I'm a black woman who is on a mission for longer,> stronger hair. I supplement my diet with vitamins E,> C, B's, and iron. I take EXCELLENT care of my hair> (washing regularly, conditioning and trims), but my> hair only grows about 1/2 inch per month. I want it to> hurry up! Any suggestions anyone? - Mimi
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic