Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hey Everyone!... What is your #1 Can't Live Without It Product?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHey Everyone!... What is your #1 Can't Live Without It Product?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Everyone!... What is your #1 Can't Live Without It Product?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:29am
I'm always fascinated by the different products that people are addicted to. As for me, I post on this board a lot about the ARTec Textureline (I'm addicted to it),... but the one product that I can't put down is prbably the one that I need the least. I LOVE the ARTec Texture Creme! I have curly hair, and I know that I should be adoring the Smoothing Serum, but I just the smell of the Texture Creme-- it's so tropical and fresh! What is your "Can't live without" product?Sherry
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:29am
Hi, Sherry,My "can't live without it" product is Sebastian Potion 9. It's a leave-in conditioner, protein pack, styling aid, volumizer, and shine enhancer all in one. Saves me a LOT of time--and a tube goes a long way.Ally :)
jennifer j View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:29am
> What is your "Can't live without" product?Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner... it's the only thing I'v found that will fix damage like a salon conditioning treatment!-jennifer j
Johannah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johannah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:29am
My number 1, can't live with out product is Louise Marie Longhairs Magic Spray. The stuff is great. It detangles, conditions, gets rid of static and fly away, and makes my hair shiny and soft as silk. And all that with no silicones or other damaging ingredients. I love this product. It's long hair's best friend.
Paula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:29am
> Hi, Sherry,> My "can't live without it" product is> Sebastian Potion 9. It's a leave-in conditioner,> protein pack, styling aid, volumizer, and shine> enhancer all in one. Saves me a LOT of time--and a> tube goes a long way.> Ally :)
Paula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:29am
oops!``I`use`such`a`huge`variety`as`a`hairstylist.`Onlything`I`have`come`across`that`I`have`found`to`be`yet`unsurpased:Aveda's`various`oil`compositions.`Hope`to`finda`good`alternative`as`I`would`just`as`soon`"boycott"`Aveda(I`better`not`get`on`that`soap-box)
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:29am
Hi Paula!Thanks for posting to my poll! May I ask, if you don't mind, why it is that you would like to boycott Aveda? Don't worry, I am in no way affiliated with them, just curious! I have some strong political beliefs, and I like to know as much as a can about a company-- if we clash, I don't buy... it's as simple as that! :)I've read many of your former posts, and you always sound well informed, which is why I would like to know about your angst with Aveda. Hope you reply!Thanks,Sherry
Mikel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:29am
My number one is hairspray; right now I'm using Louise Marie's and it's great! My "number one-and-a-half is Louis Marie's #17 Lilith Rinse--smells WONDERFUL and leaves my hair feeling awesome! I also have a great wide-tooth comb that makes my snarly-life much easier...what would I do without that???> I'm always fascinated by the different products that> people are addicted to. As for me, I post on this> board a lot about the ARTec Textureline (I'm addicted> to it),... but the one product that I can't put down> is prbably the one that I need the least. I LOVE the> ARTec Texture Creme! I have curly hair, and I know> that I should be adoring the Smoothing Serum, but I> just the smell of the Texture Creme-- it's so tropical> and fresh! What is your "Can't live without"> product?> Sherry
Simone.(C) View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:29am
>Hi Sherry,I can't live without my Fudge 1 Shot, it really lives up to it's name (for my hair anyway!!), it really is like sending my hair to a re-hab clinic when it feels dry & horrid!! The shine comes back & my hair is silky soft again for ages & it does'nt hurt my hip pocket if I buy the largest size as 2 sprays & I'm done!!Take Care,Simone.(C).I'm always fascinated by the different products that> people are addicted to. As for me, I post on this> board a lot about the ARTec Textureline (I'm addicted> to it),... but the one product that I can't put down> is prbably the one that I need the least. I LOVE the> ARTec Texture Creme! I have curly hair, and I know> that I should be adoring the Smoothing Serum, but I> just the smell of the Texture Creme-- it's so tropical> and fresh! What is your "Can't live without"> product?> Sherry
ann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:29am
john

Regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:29am
I am flipping out over ARTec Textureline Smoothing Conditioner!!!!!! It is by far the best of the best!Regina
wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
gigi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:29am
Without a doubt, Phytotherathrie's Phyto-9 leave-in conditioner with Macadamia Nut Oil. Its a wonderful creme that dry ends just slurp up! It tames the puffies and smooths ends but leaves my hair silky and swingy and not sticky or goopy. However, it's expensive, about eighteen or nineteen dollars a tube. I have used Potion 9 from Sebastian which is similar, but I have noticed that my hair gets pretty sticky and tangles easily a few hours after using it.
Serena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:30am
Right now mine is Nature's Gate Jojoba Conditioner. Nothing else has gotten rid of the crispy feeling of my ends. I can't afford salon products but this works better than any of the drug store stuff I've used.
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:30am
Hi, Serena,I agree, that is a wonderful product.Clare> Right now mine is Nature's Gate Jojoba Conditioner.> Nothing else has gotten rid of the crispy feeling of> my ends. I can't afford salon products but this works> better than any of the drug store stuff I've used.
Clare
LittleO View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:30am
I just can't live without my Aveda Detox shampoo!!!!! I get this through the internet. I do a lot of swimming and I live In Hawaii where its always humid and sun-damaging, this stuff has really saved my hair.Anyways, I also absolutely love Kohala Spa's Coco Mango essence conditioner.Some of my other products that I love is Aussie's Mega Shampoo,I also really like Nature's Gate Aloe Conditioner.
Paula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:30am
> Hi Sherry,Wow, a message directly to me! I was the original Aveda fanatic in my area back in 1985. I did in salon training for them. Around 1992 they began to strongarm salons into their business philosophies under the guise that it is best for business success. I observed over time it is only best for Aveda to make money. I can't say for sure If it is entirely Aveda or the distributorships fault. Actually the two seem to be in same bed together. Aveda has a bunch of predudiced rules unabling salons to purchase any of their product unless they contract to purchase so much and limit competition of other lines within the salon. They are trying so hard to keep an image of "exclusivity" but heres the real shocker: AVEDA IS'NT WHAT IT USED TO BE!! It's hard to prove as the ingredient listings appear the same. All I know is I no longer get the great results and especially feedback that I once had gotten from Aveda products. I actually had a client yesterday ask my If I thought thier product was not as effective as it used to be. My answer? Absolutely! They used to have such a great mission but I'm afraid that has given way to greed. Aveda, pffffft!!! Unfortunately, I also hav'nt come across anything that compares. I'm curious to try ARTec because of hearing about it so much on here. Also I would like to try Ouidad.I have grown pessimistic to the possibility of a "miricle line" I have many things I use that I like, but don't know of an entire line that seems hugely superior. The line I retail is, Alterna. I get excellent feedback and enjoy using it but their websight sucks! Sorry Alterna, I love you, but don't know whats up with your websight. Maybe you should ask these guys for help. Well, hope I don't make too many enemies with my opinions. Thanks for asking, Paula
Simone.(C) View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:31am
Hi,1 Shot is a hair re-constructor & is made by SABRE(Ithink this is an off shoot of Joico) it comes in a small tube that you shake to mix it is a leave in also it has just become available in a spray (better value for money) you can get it from most salons or Hair products shops as in Priceline or price Attack in Australia I would think 1 shot should be available OS as I have read about it in British Mags, that's about all I can think of!, except this product is great & smells like lollies! Good Luck.p.s. 1 shot is a 2 part treatment in 1 bottle just shake, try Joico's home page? or a search on hair+1 shot on yahoo. Simone.(C).
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:31am
Hi,Where do you get Kohala spa's Coco mango essence conditioner? It sounds great.Clare> I just can't live without my Aveda Detox shampoo!!!!!> I get this through the internet. I do a lot of> swimming and I live In Hawaii where its always humid> and sun-damaging, this stuff has really saved my hair.> Anyways, I also absolutely love Kohala Spa's Coco> Mango essence conditioner.> Some of my other products that I love is Aussie's Mega> Shampoo,> I also really like Nature's Gate Aloe Conditioner.
Clare
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic