Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedConditioning help for Kara...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dr. Sunyatta Amen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Sunyatta Amen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conditioning help for Kara...
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:35am
Greetings Kara!I know how frustrating it can be to want a moisturizing treatment for your hair and still end up with dry hair in the end. I have used so many conditioners in my time that only left me staring at my hair saying, "Get in there dammit, moisture!"But I found a solution.It seems that no matter what I talk about... I bring up deep conditioning. But to make the conditioning really deep and nourishing, I STRONGLY recommend using it with a heating cap/conditioning bonnet. I recently answered a few question on naturallycurly.com about conditioning. Well, in the interest of saving time, I hope you will not mind if I will reprint below what I said about getting a heating cap/bonnet(I have to see a patient in 15 minutes and my assistant is looking at me impatiently).I strongly suggest that you get a electric heating cap. They are much more tolerable than going under a dryer with a plastic cap on. They usually have 3 or 4 heat levels. You can get one at a Sally's or other hair care supply shop. They should run more than $28 or so. It is on of the best investment you can make in the health of your hair because the heat swells the shaft, opens the cuticle and allows good conditioner penetration. Your hair will feel silky and smoother afterward. I have had the one that my daughter and I use for about 5 years now--and it's still going strong. It's also VERY relaxing (mind and body wise) when you put a great aromatherapeutic conditioner on and go under the cap. Very relaxing... :-)I like to use the Artec M-Pac OR an aromatherapeutic coconut oil/shea butter mix that I make under the cap for about 1 hour on the medium heat setting. Sometimes I leave it on longer when I have extra time (when is that??? OY!). I try to go under at LEAST 2ce a week. You will notice a HUGE difference in the way that your hair reacts to your conditioner. And you will notice an improvement in the overall HEALTH of your hair if you continue your treatments. It's no quick fix, but it's well worth the time. I always say, "The most beautiful hairstyle is healthy hair!"Let me know if I can tell you more. I'm here to help.Dr. SunyNow let me get in here before my assistant yells at me! Whew! :-)
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:40am
> Greetings Kara!> I know how frustrating it can be to want a> moisturizing treatment for your hair and still end up> with dry hair in the end. I have used so many> conditioners in my time that only left me staring at> my hair saying, "Get in there dammit,> moisture!"> But I found a solution.> It seems that no matter what I talk about... I bring> up deep conditioning. But to make the conditioning> really deep and nourishing, I STRONGLY recommend using> it with a heating cap/conditioning bonnet. I recently> answered a few question on naturallycurly.com about> conditioning. Well, in the interest of saving time, I> hope you will not mind if I will reprint below what I> said about getting a heating cap/bonnet(I have to see> a patient in 15 minutes and my assistant is looking at> me impatiently).> I strongly suggest that you get a electric heating> cap. They are much more tolerable than going under a> dryer with a plastic cap on. They usually have 3 or 4> heat levels. You can get one at a Sally's or other> hair care supply shop. They should run more than $28> or so. It is on of the best investment you can make in> the health of your hair because the heat swells the> shaft, opens the cuticle and allows good conditioner> penetration. Your hair will feel silky and smoother> afterward. I have had the one that my daughter and I> use for about 5 years now--and it's still going> strong. It's also VERY relaxing (mind and body wise)> when you put a great aromatherapeutic conditioner on> and go under the cap. Very relaxing... :-)> I like to use the Artec M-Pac OR an aromatherapeutic> coconut oil/shea butter mix that I make under the cap> for about 1 hour on the medium heat setting. Sometimes> I leave it on longer when I have extra time (when is> that??? OY!). I try to go under at LEAST 2ce a week.> You will notice a HUGE difference in the way that your> hair reacts to your conditioner. And you will notice> an improvement in the overall HEALTH of your hair if> you continue your treatments. It's no quick fix, but> it's well worth the time. I always say, "The most> beautiful hairstyle is healthy hair!"> Let me know if I can tell you more. I'm here to help.> Dr. Suny> Now let me get in here before my assistant yells at> me! Whew! :-)
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:40am
Dear Dr. Suny,You wouldn't by any chance be a dermatologist? Just curious!:)Thanks,Holly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic