Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Topics On Hair Boutique?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Topics On Hair Boutique?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:35am
Hi,I was wondering if you can all help me with a question that Jeff and I have. We are in the process of moving (the URL will still be the same) and redesigning the Hair Boutique site. The goal of the redesign is to speed up access of the site and to add some new topic areas. We will not be removing any existing topics such as Hair Talk or any of the areas that seem to be visited often.However, we want to give HB a fresh new appeal and so we are experiementing with new topics like aromatherapy and we will just posted an article on gems & crystals. All the topics will relate in some way to hair.Can you tell us if you like the idea of new topics or if you have objections? If you have some topics that you would like to see added, please let us know that too.You can either post your comments so everyone can see what the majority opinion is...or you can email me privately if that is more comfortable for you.Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.Best wishes,Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:35am
Hi Karen,I don't know if this is considered an old and tired subject, but how about more articles on hair growth and moon phases? I actually had that question posted a few days ago-what I'm interested in is how this got to be an idea-where it came from, I mean? Is there any scientific reason that anybody has ever claimed it had (like how the moon plays a part in the ocean tides)that it would effect the hair. I hope when I posted that question that it didn't sound cynical, I just really want to know how all this came about with the moon and hair growth? I couldn't read all of your article about it-I wasn't able to be online much back then when it was posted. Do any scientists or even dermatologists have any opinions on this?I think it would be an interesting topic. Thanks.Holly
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:35am
Hi Holly,Thanks for the feedback. I actually have a couple of "moon" related hair growth topics in the works. I apologize for not answering your post. I saw it and meant to get to it...well good intentions...Actually, I have a couple of astrology books that give evidence that the moon does have an impact on the hair. I don't know if it can be considered scientific or not but I have reviewed two different books that talk about that and I will try to post them in the next week.I have always personally believed that the Moon did have an impact on my hair, but I know some people don't believe that it does.I have an accupuncturist who is a strong believer in the impact of the moon and some medical astrologers are big believers. Who is correct? Hard to say.Thank you so much for taking the time to give me feedback. I will work on these topics.Best wishes,Karen> Hi Karen,> I don't know if this is considered an old and tired> subject, but how about more articles on hair growth> and moon phases? I actually had that question posted a> few days ago-what I'm interested in is how this got to> be an idea-where it came from, I mean? Is there any> scientific reason that anybody has ever claimed it had> (like how the moon plays a part in the ocean> tides)that it would effect the hair. I hope when I> posted that question that it didn't sound cynical, I> just really want to know how all this came about with> the moon and hair growth? I couldn't read all of your> article about it-I wasn't able to be online much back> then when it was posted. Do any scientists or even> dermatologists have any opinions on this?> I think it would be an interesting topic. Thanks.> Holly
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
Hi once again,I just thought of one more topic: How about more articles on this new Viviscal pill? I'm going to be looking for ithere in France..but I remember you said sometime back thatyou were going to try it and see if it worked or not-then someone else was too, wern't they? Anyhow, this and any other hair growth wonder pills would be interesting, I think! That,s all I can think of for new topics for now, hope this helps.Holly
Regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
Karen,I think it would be fun to add a "Hair Bloopers" section to the site. People could post funny stories about some hair bloopers they have experienced or even stories that at the time may have been devastating but now are pretty amusing. They have sections in magazines like this that are really popular. Good Luck!Regina
wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
> Dear Karen,Happy New Year! I hope that you got my holiday card via e-mail. Mmmm...haven't heard from you, girl. Must be mad busy:) I hope that both you and Jeff have been well.Now to your question. I like Regina's idea about the Hair Bloopers category. I think hair disasters and solutions could possibly come under this category. I would like to hear about more solutions to rather odd problems with hair. You know, like when you bend over a breakfast plate and your hair gets drenched in maple syrup. I hated that and never knew what to do, but a male friend of mine got the gunk out mighty fast.I also like Holly's idea about hair growth. The Viviscal and the moon phases. One is traditional medicine, while maybe the other is a bit alternative medicine or astrological. Both sort of encompass a topic which you have hinted at over time and one which I would definitely like to see. That is, the role of vitamins, supplements, herbs, natural oils and other nutrition-oriented things which influence the state of one's hair and growth. I see so many questions about hair growth. I also think that it might help people to know what others' experiences have been with a variety of products which fall within this category.I thought that Jennifer J's message concerning horsetail was excellent. She noted that horsetail is actually a grass and that many, like her, can be allergic to the product.I don't know how you and Jeff would like to deal with the topic which I have mentioned. Frankly, I don't know how many products fall under the category of traditional medicine. What else is out there besides Viviscal? As to alternative medicine, nutrition, vitamins, supplements, herbs, oils, there's a lot to discuss.Bye for now,Jade21Hi,> I was wondering if you can all help me with a question> that Jeff and I have. We are in the process of moving> (the URL will still be the same) and redesigning the> Hair Boutique site. The goal of the redesign is to> speed up access of the site and to add some new topic> areas. We will not be removing any existing topics> such as Hair Talk or any of the areas that seem to be> visited often.> However, we want to give HB a fresh new appeal and so> we are experiementing with new topics like> aromatherapy and we will just posted an article on> gems & crystals. All the topics will relate in> some way to hair.> Can you tell us if you like the idea of new topics or> if you have objections? If you have some topics that> you would like to see added, please let us know that> too.> You can either post your comments so everyone can see> what the majority opinion is...or you can email me> privately if that is more comfortable for you.> Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.> Best wishes,> Karen
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
Hi,Oops...my deepest apologies. I thought I had sent you a response re: holiday card. So sorry. Actually I think I did and because of the black Internet cloud we have been under it probably never made it.Lets see...since we last talked....Jeff and I are trying to frantically move the HB site since the current hosting service has definitely not met any of their uptime or network availability promises. UGH. In the meantime, we have been waiting patiently for over 2 weeks to get our name domain moved to our new (very huge gigabyte) dedicated server. We actually have the new format designed and just need to get moved. Arggghhh. I am not good with patience.Especially since the new site is going to be very very fast (eliminate that long loading wait) and the new design is going to be state of the art. I just want to get on with it. Know what I mean?Also, I have been busy working on my "other" business web site. If you want to take a peek....I will email you the URL. A few things need to be tweaked...but I think it looks OK for a first release.I love all the topics everyone has been suggesting and I am ready to dive into them. Yes I love the Hair Bloopers idea. And I love the traditional medicine idea and actually have some thoughts about how to expand that. There are dermatologists who specialize in hair and hair growth issues and I know one in Dallas I might be able to interview.There is also an accupunturist who has talked to me about using needles to stimulate hair growth and he agreed to let me interview him for the site. Also I have hooked up with an aromatherapist here in Dallas and a herb expert. So we can rock and roll with those topics. :-)Astrology and the Moon....if it won't offend anyone...is one of my favorite topics and something I can do lots of stuff on. So I will go with that unless it seems to offend people. Some people aren't into that as much...but it is an amazing subject with regard to hair and beauty.OK...so thank you for all the ideas. I think they are great.I want Hair Boutique to be as good as possible and I appreciate you and everyone taking the time to give me all these great ideas.What can I say but thank you, thank you, thank you.Sorry I have been so scarce. I will try harder to correspond. :-) Thanks for understanding.Big hug.Karen> Happy New Year! I hope that you got my holiday card> via e-mail. Mmmm...haven't heard from you, girl. Must> be mad busy:) I hope that both you and Jeff have been> well.> Now to your question. I like Regina's idea about the> Hair Bloopers category. I think hair disasters and> solutions could possibly come under this category. I> would like to hear about more solutions to rather odd> problems with hair. You know, like when you bend over> a breakfast plate and your hair gets drenched in maple> syrup. I hated that and never knew what to do, but a> male friend of mine got the gunk out mighty fast.> I also like Holly's idea about hair growth. The> Viviscal and the moon phases. One is traditional> medicine, while maybe the other is a bit alternative> medicine or astrological. Both sort of encompass a> topic which you have hinted at over time and one which> I would definitely like to see. That is, the role of> vitamins, supplements, herbs, natural oils and other> nutrition-oriented things which influence the state of> one's hair and growth. I see so many questions about> hair growth. I also think that it might help people to> know what others' experiences have been with a variety> of products which fall within this category.I thought> that Jennifer J's message concerning horsetail was> excellent. She noted that horsetail is actually a> grass and that many, like her, can be allergic to the> product.> I don't know how you and Jeff would like to deal with> the topic which I have mentioned. Frankly, I don't> know how many products fall under the category of> traditional medicine. What else is out there besides> Viviscal? As to alternative medicine, nutrition,> vitamins, supplements, herbs, oils, there's a lot to> discuss.> Bye for now,> Jade21> Hi,
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
Hi Regina,I love it. Yes....great idea. Jeff agrees too. :-)Thank you so much. We will put that at the top of the list.Best wishes,Karen> Karen,> I think it would be fun to add a "Hair> Bloopers" section to the site. People could post> funny stories about some hair bloopers they have> experienced or even stories that at the time may have> been devastating but now are pretty amusing. They have> sections in magazines like this that are really> popular. Good Luck!> Regina
KAREN View Drop Down

Hi Holly,Actually I have two different people testing it for Hair Boutique. However, the manufacturers of the pill advise that you give it 3-6 months to see if it works. So it may take a little while longer before we get some good feedback on the two people tesing it. But it is definitely in the works.Thanks for your suggestions. Very helpful. I appreciate it very much.Best wishes,Karen> Hi once again,> I just thought of one more topic: How about more> articles on this new Viviscal pill? I'm going to be> looking for it> here in France..but I remember you said sometime back> that> you were going to try it and see if it worked or> not-then someone else was too, wern't they? Anyhow,> this and any other hair growth wonder pills would be> interesting, I think! That,s all I can think of for> new topics for now, hope this helps.> Holly
gigi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
Some ideas:HairSigns- Sort of a take off on Linda Goodman's Love Signs. Profile all of the zodiac signs at once, or better yet, keep people coming back by doing a character (or Hair-acter) portrait of each zodiac sign in its birth month, ie., January would be Capricorn, February would be the Aquarius profile, etc.ColorSmart- I believe a separate section on haircoloring is a great idea because it is such a specialized area, and there are so many products and techniques, salon products and home products. Good practical advice on coloring, highlighting, covering grey (an especially difficult situation for those of us wanting it long), correcting color disasters, Some advice for do-it-yourselfers etc.HairVote!- A section for people to vote on their favorite products. You could choose various products and then allow people to rate them from one to ten and fill in comments on a form. They could put their age, hair type and texture and length.HairFriends- Pictures of the hair of people who post to Hairtalk. That way, when someone is talking about a product or about their hair, one could just click over and see their hair.
KAREN View Drop Down

Hi Gigi,I love all of your ideas. I especially love the idea of photos of the Hair Talk visitors. I just hope that we could get them to send their photos in? That may be the hard part.I love the astrology ideas. I actually have a half written...hair care products by sun sign. Did you know that Libra...the sign of beauty..is more willing to try new hair care products than a Leo who won't budge from a product once they find the product that shows off their crowning mane er glory of hair. :-) I love this idea and am glad you suggested it.Thank you so much for taking the time to share all these super ideas.Best wishesKaren> Some ideas:> HairSigns- Sort of a take off on Linda Goodman's Love> Signs. Profile all of the zodiac signs at once, or> better yet, keep people coming back by doing a> character (or Hair-acter) portrait of each zodiac sign> in its birth month, ie., January would be Capricorn,> February would be the Aquarius profile, etc.> ColorSmart- I believe a separate section on> haircoloring is a great idea because it is such a> specialized area, and there are so many products and> techniques, salon products and home products. Good> practical advice on coloring, highlighting, covering> grey (an especially difficult situation for those of> us wanting it long), correcting color disasters, Some> advice for do-it-yourselfers etc.> HairVote!- A section for people to vote on their> favorite products. You could choose various products> and then allow people to rate them from one to ten and> fill in comments on a form. They could put their age,> hair type and texture and length.> HairFriends- Pictures of the hair of people who post> to Hairtalk. That way, when someone is talking about a> product or about their hair, one could just click over> and see their hair.
Pam Felix-Laurent View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pam Felix-Laurent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:41am
> Hi Gigi,I need to get a list of the best dates to cut, trim and perm hair.> I love all of your ideas. I especially love the idea> of photos of the Hair Talk visitors. I just hope that> we could get them to send their photos in? That may be> the hard part.> I love the astrology ideas. I actually have a half> written...hair care products by sun sign. Did you know> that Libra...the sign of beauty..is more willing to> try new hair care products than a Leo who won't budge> from a product once they find the product that shows> off their crowning mane er glory of hair. :-) I love> this idea and am glad you suggested it.> Thank you so much for taking the time to share all> these super ideas.> Best wishes> Karen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic