Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLong Hair Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long Hair Question
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
This might end up sounding like the a stupid question, but here it goes: Since we lose up to 100 hairs a day, obviously they get replace with new hair. I'm kind of paranoid right now because I've just had a bad experience with changing a shampoo brand, and there was a little bit of breakage. Anyhow, what I've always noticed since my hair has been long is that there are always little hairsthat seem to be growing in-you can see them in the sunlightkind of sticking up away from the fully grown hair-is this normal? Does everyone else notice this about their hair?My Husband says my hair is full and that this is natural as hair is always replacing itself-I'm sure he's right, but would like to hear from others. Thanks!!
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
> This might end up sounding like the a stupid question,> but here it goes: Since we lose up to 100 hairs a day,> obviously they get replace with new hair. I'm kind of> paranoid right now because I've just had a bad> experience with changing a shampoo brand, and there> was a little bit of breakage. Anyhow, what I've always> noticed since my hair has been long is that there are> always little hairs> that seem to be growing in-you can see them in the> sunlight> kind of sticking up away from the fully grown hair-is> this normal? Does everyone else notice this about> their hair?> My Husband says my hair is full and that this is> natural as hair is always replacing itself-I'm sure> he's right, but would like to hear from others.> Thanks!!
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
Hi Holly,Your hair is in a continuous growing/shedding cycle all of the time. Naturally, when one hair strand falls out-- another must grow-- and this is what you see when you find those little hairs sticking up. It happens to all of us. I don't think that people with straight hair notice it that much because their hair has a tendency to blend in and lay flat, but take a look at those with curly/wavy hair-- you can always see little fluffy/fuzzy wavy things sticking out-- especially if the hair is pulled back.Talk Soon,Sherry
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
>Dear Holly,Hello and hope all is well. I think what you have described is normal as your husband said. I noticed this phenomenon a few months ago around my temples. For a while, it looked like little cowlicks had popped up on both sides. To encourage these things to grow faster, I put some extra conditioner on the areas and brushed very, very lightly. Soon, they were long enough to brush flat. It's strange that you would mention this because I just guessed.I also noticed that the new growth was thicker than what had previously been there. I think I was either rolling my hair too tightly there or brushing too hard.Anyway, think this is normal, girl:)Bye for now,Jade21This might end up sounding like the a stupid question,> but here it goes: Since we lose up to 100 hairs a day,> obviously they get replace with new hair. I'm kind of> paranoid right now because I've just had a bad> experience with changing a shampoo brand, and there> was a little bit of breakage. Anyhow, what I've always> noticed since my hair has been long is that there are> always little hairs> that seem to be growing in-you can see them in the> sunlight> kind of sticking up away from the fully grown hair-is> this normal? Does everyone else notice this about> their hair?> My Husband says my hair is full and that this is> natural as hair is always replacing itself-I'm sure> he's right, but would like to hear from others.> Thanks!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic