Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLousie Marie Longhairs products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lousie Marie Longhairs products
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
Is there anyone that is familiar w/ or has used Lousie MarieLonghairs products? If so, how did you like it and what were your experiences? I am quite new to it and would appreciate input from people that have used it for a decent length of time. Please give detailed info because LML is a very detailed system. Thanks in advance!Anita
hi
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
I ordered the baby-sized magic pack in November (with a few modifications that LML made, gladly). Since then, my scalp has been happier and my hair has been softer and more manageable than ever before.A magic pack is a good way to go, if you can afford the initial cash outlay. I have fine, medium-length (but growing!) hair, and have found that my magic pack is lasting a lot longer than the LML site led me to believe--so it's a good deal. Also, you'll find which shampoos you like the best. I was surprised to find that my scalp likes lavatea better than medic, my hair loves the 9 trees rinse (even though it's bright green!).Did I mention my nose is in heaven? Each of the products has a different, delicate scent in the bottle which is enhanced when mixed with warm water. They're such a refreshing change from the artificial, highly-scented store--or even boutique--brands.
anita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
> I ordered the baby-sized magic pack in November (with> a few modifications that LML made, gladly). Since> then, my scalp has been happier and my hair has been> softer and more manageable than ever before.> A magic pack is a good way to go, if you can afford> the initial cash outlay. I have fine, medium-length> (but growing!) hair, and have found that my magic pack> is lasting a lot longer than the LML site led me to> believe--so it's a good deal. Also, you'll find which> shampoos you like the best. I was surprised to find> that my scalp likes lavatea better than medic, my hair> loves the 9 trees rinse (even though it's bright> green!).Hey Amy,Do you want to start and email log thing between us? I think that it would encourage me to have someone to talk to about this great, but complicated system. It's fantastic to actually find another person that uses her products. I do love them already (after 6 days). We can compare notes and encourage each other along.Anita> Did I mention my nose is in heaven? Each of the> products has a different, delicate scent in the bottle> which is enhanced when mixed with warm water. They're> such a refreshing change from the artificial,> highly-scented store--or even boutique--brands.
hi
Johannah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johannah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
I have been using LM products since October and they are great. My hair has never been so softer, shinier, and healthier. I bought the magic pack and tried out everything. The shampoos don't lather much, but that's because they don't contain soudium laurel sulfate or any other harsh or artificial ingredients. The conditioners are great. The customer service is like nothing I have ever seen. If you have a question, she answers it. If she thinks that she could explain better live, she calls. I love LM. She really knows her stuff.
Janna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
I tried LM about 6 months ago and while her products were OK, I found them overpriced and about equal to many other good products on the market like Photologie and Aveda and similar.I did not personally care much for the way that LM seems to be really pushy about her products. Just my opinion.Janna> Hey Amy,> Do you want to start and email log thing between us? I> think that it would encourage me to have someone to> talk to about this great, but complicated system. It's> fantastic to actually find another person that uses> her products. I do love them already (after 6 days).> We can compare notes and encourage each other along.> Anita
Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
A friend of mine bought the LM trial pack and found it to be complicated and too involved. While the products seemed to be pretty good it was way too time consuming and complicated for me to even consider. I work full time & have kids and a busy life and find that Aveda does as good and is a lot less involved. I think it might work for someone who had more time and could devote the attention to it.Jane> Is there anyone that is familiar w/ or has used Lousie> Marie> Longhairs products? If so, how did you like it and> what were your experiences? I am quite new to it and> would appreciate input from people that have used it> for a decent length of time. Please give detailed info> because LML is a very detailed system. Thanks in> advance!> Anita
Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
One other thought about LM.I have been coming to Hair Boutique & the Talk board since the very beginning. I find it interesting that Karen has never said one word about LM. She is usually so outspoken about products though she usually won't trash a product.So I think it is telling that she does not have a link to LM in her Links section, has never talked about the product and never done or presented a review of any of the LM products. To me that is not necessarily a good sign. Just an observation.Jane> A friend of mine bought the LM trial pack and found it> to be complicated and too involved. While the products> seemed to be pretty good it was way too time consuming> and complicated for me to even consider. I work full> time & have kids and a busy life and find that> Aveda does as good and is a lot less involved. I think> it might work for someone who had more time and could> devote the attention to it.> Jane
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:36am
Although I have never used LML's products, I correspond with someone who has had an interesting experience (we met here at hair talk). According to my friwnd, she requested that LML give her an itemized list of only the products that she would absolutely NEED for her hair. When she received the work-up, it was everything that LML had in stock. When my friend did not respond to LML right away, she got a rather PUSHY e-mail from the LML company. After my friend forwarded me this e-mail, I rushed right over to LML's site to check it out. I could NOT believe all of the different types of shampoos and the fact that she encourages people to use a different one every day-- that's like 12 diff. shampoos! Now, I AM a product junkie, but 12 shampoos from the same line? Give me a break!As far as I'm concerned, haircare should be simple and easy: shampoo, condition, leav-in, styling aid. Simple!Besides, most good shampoos have a cumulative effect, therfore, I can't imagine why LML would want you to rotate almost avery day! A clarifier once every two weeks should do the trick for build-up! Hopefully, when my friend gets back from her vacation, she will post on this matter too!Sherry
Mikel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:37am
If you want to add another to your "e-mail log," I'd love to join! I've been using LML's products for nearly two months now, LOVE them, and would love to share some of my combo discoveries, etc. with other LML clients! Please feel free to e-mail me directly. Thanks!Mikel> Hey Amy,> Do you want to start and email log thing between us? I> think that it would encourage me to have someone to> talk to about this great, but complicated system. It's> fantastic to actually find another person that uses> her products. I do love them already (after 6 days).> We can compare notes and encourage each other along.> Anita
Mikel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:37am
I have used the products for two months now, am EXTREMELY pleased with their quality and their effects on my hair. I had a "BAD" flaky scalp condition that is almost gone now (without the use of harsh chemicals!), and my hair is much more manageable, soft, and shiny than before!There ARE a lot of products to choose from, and when you order her Magicpack it can be a bit overwhelming. BUT THERE ARE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS for the use of LML's products on her website as well as getting help via e-mail or phone at ANY TIME from LML in Toronto. As far as the $$$$, I've found that the Canadian$$/US$$ conversion make them a lot more affordable than you think. You also use less product than with other lines, so it does last longer. I personally feel that it's a good value.If you are growing your hair and want to keep it in top condition, why not give it a try? LML might just be what your hair is looking for! Good luck!Mikel> Is there anyone that is familiar w/ or has used Lousie> Marie> Longhairs products? If so, how did you like it and> what were your experiences? I am quite new to it and> would appreciate input from people that have used it> for a decent length of time. Please give detailed info> because LML is a very detailed system. Thanks in> advance!> Anita
Kendia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kendia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:37am
> Is there anyone that is familiar w/ or has used Lousie> Marie> Longhairs products? If so, how did you like it and> what were your experiences? I am quite new to it and> would appreciate input from people that have used it> for a decent length of time. Please give detailed info> because LML is a very detailed system. Thanks in> advance!> AnitaI was ready to order from LM once but after I filled in the online form withall of the information I was comfortable sharing over the internet I gota pushy email from LM asking me to go back and put in therest of my info (phone # etc). I like the way she makes herstuff sound and I'm sure it's good but I think I should be able to keep certain things private if I want. No product can make your hair grow they can just help or hurt.
Carolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:37am
You are right. LM is very pushy. I had my own run in with her and no matter how good people say her product is, I will never use it or endorse it. By the way, I am being polite when I say pushy. Thanks for sharing what you did. People need to know that.Carolyn> I was ready to order from LM once but after I filled> in the online form with> all of the information I was comfortable sharing over> the internet I got> a pushy email from LM asking me to go back and put in> the> rest of my info (phone # etc). I like the way she> makes her> stuff sound and I'm sure it's good but I think I> should be able to keep certain things private if I> want. No product can make your hair grow they can just> help or hurt.
Carolyn M. Bender
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic