Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI need help! QUICK!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Allison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help! QUICK!!!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:38am
can anyone help me out? I need some way to wear my hair...that's easy for me to do on myself. I'm a teen. don't want to wear it down or partially down with a ponytail.please help me out if you can.,.!!!allison
taylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:38am
How long is your hair? What is its texture? Curly? Straight? This list will come up with something for you! :)
Allison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:39am
my hair is to my shoulders and it thicker than average. it's straight but has a little wave from always being up in a ponytail. THANK YOU SO MUCH for trying to help. I appreciate it. write back!allisonp.s. My face shape is such that I look bad with my hair down...at least with all the stuff I've tried.
taylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:39am
> my hair is to my shoulders and it thicker than> average. it's straight but has a little wave from> always being up in a ponytail. THANK YOU SO MUCH for> trying to help. I appreciate it. write back!Hi, Allison! The first style I thought of was a loose braid, either in the French style or one starting at the nape of your neck. Have you tried this? If you do want to try wearing it all down, what about blowdrying it (sleek) with a high side part, and then pushing (or pinning) one side behind your ear? I know you're sick of wearing it half-up, half-down, so maybe you could also compromise by taking two small sections from the front, twisting them until they meet in the back, and pinning them there -- a somewhat medieval look! Then there's always the "knot," which is a more sophisticated ponytail wrapped into a knot (or bun-like shape) and either smoothly secured or stuck through with a hair stick. Hmmm. . .I know that the Hair Boutique photo gallery also has a ton of styling ideas, so you may want to try browsing through it to see if you can find something you like. I hope this has helped somewhat! Good luck!
Allison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:39am
thanks so much...I'm off to try these ideas! *lol*thanks againallison
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:39am
> thanks so much...I'm off to try these ideas! *lol*> thanks againHi again, Allison! I changed my posting name, just so you know. Anyway, I was curious as to how you liked the styles?! Let us all know!
Allison View Drop Down

hello hello...they helped alot. i'm not too good at doing them on myself yet, but I'll get better with practice.thanks a bunch! :0)allisonp.s. do you know how people do the partial ponytail thing.....and don't bring their hair all the way through?well...I've been trying to do that...only with the hair on the top. I'm just rambling now and I hope you know what I'm talking about. Do you know how to do that? *lol* just curious...
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:39am
> p.s. do you know how people do the partial ponytail> thing.....and don't bring their hair all the way> through?> well...I've been trying to do that...only with the> hair on the top.I *think* I know what you're talking about. :) A slightly mussed look, right? You bring the hair about halfway through the holder and stretch it out a bit? I bet that would look great! You may want to leave some "fringe" pieces down in front, too, to add a different look.
Allison View Drop Down

yep yep...you do! yeaaaa.... *lol*talk to you later.allison
andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:40am
Allison,Why not try some of the following:Put it up into bunches (U.K. speak for two ponytails, one on either side of your head) and then take them up and over your head - ok so it sounds like Heidi but can look great if done with flair.Put it into a low pony tail and then pin it up the back of your head - use something flamboyent to hold it there.Take sections of hair from the front and then twist them backwards - adding more hair as you go. The woman I saw this on had done about five on each side. The loose hair at the back will be so far from your face that it won't crowd it.You may need a freind for this one, but try to braid your hair up from the nape of your neck and finish with a knot on the crown (you have to bend forward from the waist and then work as for a normal french braid.hope this may be of some useandy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic