Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedProducts for white silky hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ellen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Products for white silky hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:42am
My mother has very pretty white hair, shoulder length. Sometimes she should use some hair spray to hold it in place, however, her hair is a bit oily, and I am afraid if she uses the regular hair sprays that you find at places like walmart, shopko, etc. have too many chemical, and will make her hair appear dull, and possibly turn it yellowish.Does anyone have advise to her as to what products she should use for her hair so that she would not have to worry about it casting a shadow on her hair, or should she just stay away from holding control items on her hair?Thanks so much in advance for your advise.Ellen

Ellen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:50am
> My mother has very pretty white hair, shoulder length.> Sometimes she should use some hair spray to hold it in> place, however, her hair is a bit oily, and I am> afraid if she uses the regular hair sprays that you> find at places like walmart, shopko, etc. have too> many chemical, and will make her hair appear dull, and> possibly turn it yellowish.> Does anyone have advise to her as to what products she> should use for her hair so that she would not have to> worry about it casting a shadow on her hair, or should> she just stay away from holding control items on her> hair?> Thanks so much in advance for your advise.> Ellen

Laura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:50am
Ellen...I don't know about hairsprays, but, if she doesn't use them very often, I would think one of the "white hair" shampoos would work to keep the white white. One I've used (on a white horse, mind you, but it works!) is Jhirmack's shampoo (can't think of the name right now). It's a white bottle, says for gray hair on the outside. It's a purple shampoo. I would think that the blue-based (or purple) shampoos are exactly what's needed in this situation. Another one that's been recommended to me is Matrix "So Silver" in salons for about $8. You don't have to use it every day, just once or twice a week should do the trick.HTH :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic