Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDaily curly do's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Erin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daily curly do's
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:44am
> PS. By the way, since you have the same textured hair> as I do, what styling products (gels, etc) do you use> that you like. Have you tried coconut oil on your> hair?Stephanie, I've never tried coconut oil, but I REALLY like the creme gels....like Loreal's Any Waves. They seem to make it a little more curly, without being crunchy at all....I put them in my hair dripping wet, and then towel-dry...Other than that, I've had a little difficulty finding the perfect product.
andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:43am
Erin,I'm with Stephanie on this one - when my wife goes through one of her shoulder-length perms phases this is her preferred option. The headband tends to make the curl concentrate and it therefore becomes more bouncy.Another idea would be to copy the popular 1940s style and pile the hair on top of your head using combs or pins to hold it up
Stephanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:43am
Your hair sounds exactly like mine. I have the same dilemma. It seems like I wear my hair the same way everyday. Some suggestions to you: Head bands are really in right now. Also, sometimes I take sections on the top and twist them, using bobbypins to keep them in place. It's kinda funky. You can also use very small claw clips as barrettes. I usually just use one to hold my sides up. I see a lot of people use two or three or four of them. That's a little too "hip" for me. Hope this helps, I totally relate.PS. By the way, since you have the same textured hair as I do, what styling products (gels, etc) do you use that you like. Have you tried coconut oil on your hair?
Ruth Ann View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruth Ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:43am
I've got kinda the same hair as yours, but it's just above my shoulders. and you can always put it up in a claw clip with the curls at the crown of your head. It's a bit different than a half-ponytail... so I hopw if works for you...Also, I have a question for you...what do you do to your hair every morning, (when you do it down and curly), do you wash your hair every morning??Ruth Ann
Erin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:43am
I have about 2 inches past shoulder length, medium curly, medium textured hair, with long layers. What can I do on a regular basis to get my hair up/back/looking better without a cut.... (besides ponytail or 1 barrette with about half the hair, those are what I resort to now)...Any suggestions would be completely appreciated.Thanks! Erin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic