Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedStore Brands, which one?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Store Brands, which one?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:43am
I heard from other people on the internet that Salon Selectives was the best store brand.But, here's my question. Which store brand ( Pantene is out of the question) makes your hair super shiny??Unfortunately, I don't have a credit card, so I can't order over the internet, and the Salon near me only carries Biolage and Vavoom.So I'm stuck with Biolage, which I don't like very much, and Vavoom which I need a change of because its not working as well as they say it does.I have to stick to the best store brands.
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:43am
I mentioned Citre Shine in another post; it made my hair fairly gleam! I also loooove anything by Aussie -- same result!
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:44am
Hi there!A good friend of mine once told me that her stylist sdaid tyhat Vidal Sasoon is thre best stuff out there next to salon brands. I do like it-- but, if you look at the ingred. they are almost identical to Pantene brand. Anyway, I think that Citre Shine is a really great line! The stuff reminds me of Florida and I really adore the new Therma Shield Complex that they have added to their new line-- especially the straightening balm. In my opinion-- it is the BEST straightening balm that is out there! I also like the fact that they do not engage in animal testing! I wont buy anything that does. Although I am an ARTec girl-- I really do like this line!Sherry> I heard from other people on the internet that Salon> Selectives was the best store brand.> But, here's my question. Which store brand ( Pantene> is out of the question) makes your hair super shiny??> Unfortunately, I don't have a credit card, so I can't> order over the internet, and the Salon near me only> carries Biolage and Vavoom.> So I'm stuck with Biolage, which I don't like very> much, and Vavoom which I need a change of because its> not working as well as they say it does.> I have to stick to the best store brands.
Eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:44am
Wow! The next time I get to Wal-Mart or K-Mart, I'll be sure to buy some Citre-Shine.I have pretty healthy hair and everything that I don't color, blow dry, perm etc.but these Vavoom and Biolage don't really make my hair that shiny.neither does some of the Nature's Gate stuff.So until I find Artec or Aveda or any other salon brands, I was going to try Store brands.I have healthy hair that is kind of shiny, but I want more shine.My main question is that I was just wondering if the Aussie's Mega shampoo, Which my local wal-mart has free samples of, makes your hair shiny. Does it, do you know?Thanks a lot for your responses...and Happy Valentines Day!
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:44am
> My main question is that I was just wondering if the> Aussie's Mega shampoo, Which my local wal-mart has> free samples of, makes your hair shiny. Does it, do> you know?I just used it a few minutes ago, and I think it really does add shine to hair. My hair is looking so much healthier lately -- I chalk it up to the shampoo, the Nature's Gate conditioner, the Aussie leave-in Hair Insurance and, of course, the Viviscal. I have had problems with build-up in the past from shampoos, and there is NONE of it whatsoever with Mega. I also have had problems with conditioners leaving my hair oily, but once again am no longer dealing with this since I began using NG's conidtioners. The Hair Insurance is really helping seal my split ends, too. Put it this way: I feel that these products are giving my hair a new lease on life! :)Hope this helps!
Eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:44am
I don't mean to keep on dragging this subject on and on...But this is perfect. I have a bottle of NG's Aloe conditioner and i'll be sure to pick up a free sample of Aussie's Mega shampoo, I can't wait to try the combination!!! Anyways, check at your local Wal-Mart, they SOMETIMES have free samples of shampoos, hairsprays, styling etc.They had a bottle of Aussie's Mega shampoo, Aussie's Citrifier,Finesse, quite a bit of Salon Selective stuff, White Rain, andSome pantene mousse.If you find any other cool combinations, e-mail me atgopurple@hialoha.net
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:45am
Thanks for the info! I'll check for samples the next time I go to Wal-Mart. :)
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:45am
Hi there!You are very welcome for the advice! I really do like this tuff as far as store brands go! And it remids me of being in Florida! Good Luck!Sherry> Wow! The next time I get to Wal-Mart or K-Mart, I'll> be sure to buy some Citre-Shine.> I have pretty healthy hair and everything that I don't> color, blow dry, perm etc.> but these Vavoom and Biolage don't really make my hair> that shiny.> neither does some of the Nature's Gate stuff.> So until I find Artec or Aveda or any other salon> brands, I was going to try Store brands.> I have healthy hair that is kind of shiny, but I want> more shine.> My main question is that I was just wondering if the> Aussie's Mega shampoo, Which my local wal-mart has> free samples of, makes your hair shiny. Does it, do> you know?> Thanks a lot for your responses...and Happy Valentines> Day!
michelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:45am
> Thanks for the info! I'll check for samples the next> time I go to Wal-Mart. :)
michelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:45am
Thank You Very Much for the response. I was very happy to hear that Viviscal is working for you. I can hardly wait to get it and try it out my self. I hope I am as successful as you and many others seem to have been! I am so desperate for my own hair, I will try almost anything!!Again, thank you.Michelle...
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:45am
> I am so desperate for my own hair, I will try almost> anything!!I certainly understand that one! I'm going to have long hair again. . .without a doubt! Hopefully by the end of this year I'll be sporting locks down to the middle of my back. . . .Best of luck and please keep us updated on your progress!!!
K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:47am
> I mentioned Citre Shine in another post; it made my> hair fairly gleam! I also loooove anything by Aussie> -- same result!I finally tried the Suave version of Aveda Shampure and the Rosemary mint conditioner. I liked it. The shampure was hard to lather in my hair and the conditioner was very strong smelling- made me hungry for mint chocolate chip ice cream- but the end result is shiny, bouncy, healthy hair. I love the way my hair feels! I think I'm going to stick with it for a while. Suave also has versions of Nexxus and Paul Mitchell. Has anyone tried these? I tried to find the Citre Shine at Wal-mart, but they don't carry it.
Eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:48am
I really like suave too, Its a cheap brand, but its better than pantene, better than infusium. I never tried their equal to salon brand line, but I love their Shampoo and conditioner in one. I know that it has silicones in it, but I just love the way it leaves my hair!!!It has an irresistible smell too. I'll be sure to buy one of the versions.Which one is the best? The Aveda one? how is the Nexxus and Paul Mitchell?> I finally tried the Suave version of Aveda Shampure> and the Rosemary mint conditioner. I liked it. The> shampure was hard to lather in my hair and the> conditioner was very strong smelling- made me hungry> for mint chocolate chip ice cream- but the end result> is shiny, bouncy, healthy hair. I love the way my hair> feels! I think I'm going to stick with it for a while.> Suave also has versions of Nexxus and Paul Mitchell.> Has anyone tried these? I tried to find the Citre> Shine at Wal-mart, but they don't carry it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic