Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeddry ends

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Serena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dry ends
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:43am
Hi, my problem is that I have almost waist length hair that has not been trimmed in almost 2 years. I have never dyed, permed, heat styled, or blow dried my hair and I eat a good diet. But the last four or five inches look pretty bad and very dry. I know a lot of you will say getting a trim is the only option but that is completely out of the question for me. So I need to know the second best thing. I've heard that there are someconditioners that can fill in the gaps in damaged hair so the cuticle looks smooth and some tht coat the hair shaft, fooling the eye into thinking it is looking a healthy hair. But I am confused about the different produdts. Do I need moisture or protein and which product contains the right thing? To make a long story short, I know there is nothing I can do to repair the damage, but I am hoping I can find a way to make my ends look normal instead of like thisty srtraw.Thankyou for listenin. I love this board; everyone here is so helpful.
Simone.(C). View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C). Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:49am
Hi Serena,Iknow you do'nt want a cut but 4 your hairs sake think about a little trim, a Great product for staw like ends is Schwarzkopf perscription Bona Cure 'Leave In' FIT ENDS it is a keratin,silicon based product mixed with cationic conditioners and helps protect parched ends as the pH is is gentle on skin and claims to even out moisture loss, it is also Biodegradable & Dermatologically tested( not on Animals). You can only get Fit Ends from a Salon.I love this product as my short hair is always dry on the ends, even though I do'nt blow dry, my ends feel silky & look shiny big plus is you only need a small amount&the tube has a pump dispenser!!Good Luck,Simone.(C).Hi, my problem is that I have almost waist length hair> that has not been trimmed in almost 2 years. I have> never dyed, permed, heat styled, or blow dried my hair> and I eat a good diet. But the last four or five> inches look pretty bad and very dry. I know a lot of> you will say getting a trim is the only option but> that is completely out of the question for me. So I> need to know the second best thing. I've heard that> there are someconditioners that can fill in the gaps> in damaged hair so the cuticle looks smooth and some> tht coat the hair shaft, fooling the eye into thinking> it is looking a healthy hair. But I am confused about> the different produdts. Do I need moisture or protein> and which product contains the right thing? To make a> long story short, I know there is nothing I can do to> repair the damage, but I am hoping I can find a way to> make my ends look normal instead of like thisty> srtraw.> Thankyou for listenin. I love this board; everyone> here is so helpful.
Simone.(C). View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C). Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:50am
Apology!! I hit send twice, sorry for taking up 2 spaces!!Simone.(C). :)Hi Serena,> Iknow you do'nt want a cut but 4 your hairs sake think> about a little trim, a Great product for staw like> ends is Schwarzkopf perscription Bona Cure 'Leave In'> FIT ENDS it is a keratin,silicon based product mixed> with cationic conditioners and helps protect parched> ends as the pH is is gentle on skin and claims to even> out moisture loss, it is also Biodegradable &> Dermatologically tested( not on Animals). You can only> get Fit Ends from a Salon.> I love this product as my short hair is always dry on> the ends, even though I do'nt blow dry, my ends feel> silky & look shiny big plus is you only need a> small amount&the tube has a pump dispenser!!> Good Luck,> Simone.(C).> Hi, my problem is that I have almost waist length hair
Kathi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:51am
> Hi, my problem is that I have almost waist length hair> that has not been trimmed in almost 2 years. I have> never dyed, permed, heat styled, or blow dried my hair> and I eat a good diet. But the last four or five> inches look pretty bad and very dry. I know a lot of> you will say getting a trim is the only option but> that is completely out of the question for me. So I> need to know the second best thing. I've heard that> there are someconditioners that can fill in the gaps> in damaged hair so the cuticle looks smooth and some> tht coat the hair shaft, fooling the eye into thinking> it is looking a healthy hair. But I am confused about> the different produdts. Do I need moisture or protein> and which product contains the right thing? To make a> long story short, I know there is nothing I can do to> repair the damage, but I am hoping I can find a way to> make my ends look normal instead of like thisty> srtraw.> Thankyou for listenin. I love this board; everyone> here is so helpful.Sebastian makes a product called "Thick Ends" which is a protein conditioning product that really does improve the look of the ends. I use it when I'm overdue for a trim. Also, Sebastian's "Potion 9" does a great job of conditioning & protecting .Kathi
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:51am
> Hi, my problem is that I have almost waist length hair> that has not been trimmed in almost 2 years. I have> never dyed, permed, heat styled, or blow dried my hair> and I eat a good diet. But the last four or five> inches look pretty bad and very dry. I know a lot of> you will say getting a trim is the only option but> that is completely out of the question for me. So I> need to know the second best thing. I've heard that> there are someconditioners that can fill in the gaps> in damaged hair so the cuticle looks smooth and some> tht coat the hair shaft, fooling the eye into thinking> it is looking a healthy hair. But I am confused about> the different produdts. Do I need moisture or protein> and which product contains the right thing? To make a> long story short, I know there is nothing I can do to> repair the damage, but I am hoping I can find a way to> make my ends look normal instead of like thisty> srtraw.> Thankyou for listenin. I love this board; everyone> here is so helpful.To Serena;Since the best thing that you can do is to trim your hair, and this is out of the question for whatever reason, (religious or otherwise). Try this, go to a health food store and buy some wheat germ oil and mix it with Wella Kolestrol to make a thick paste, massage it into just the dry ends and wrap a plastic sandwich bag around the ends and secure with a rubber band. You can even wear this to bed and rinse out in the morning (do not shampoo). Try this daily. Redkens PPT and Extreme or Joico K-Pak also works very well when mixed with the wheat germ oil. william
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:54am
Serena,Please see above posting for "SHINE" for info on silicones.Think twice before using them regularly.Holly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic