Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThank you for your patience

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thank you for your patience
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:45am
Hi,Well we have now moved Hair Boutique from our formerly slow, prone to crash, old hosting service to a brand new service where we have our very own dedicated server.We have been running tests on the front page and are working very hard on speeding up everything for faster access.That is why we are removing some of the photos and using just text. Speed is so important to load the pages.We in the process of redesigning the HB site to make it faster and more efficient and user friendly.I have logged all the great suggestions that I have received from everyone on how to make the HB site better.The first thing we will be adding....at all of your request...is two new talk boards. One is Hair Bloopers for sharing of bizarre hair incidents.....like getting your hair caught somewhere funny or getting pancake syrup all over the ends or etc etc.The Blooper board will be more a light hearted board and not related to Hair Talk...which will remain completely the same.We are also adding a Hair Politics Board where people can...politely please....debate about such social topics as:.......should corporations have the right to tell you how long you can wear your hair or what color it can be or etc. Also topics like...is it ok to go gray or not and should a loved one tell you how to wear your hair?We know Hair Politics will be a controverial board, but we want people to have a place to vent.Of course you are free to post any hair related topics you want on Hair Talk. We just want to make sure that everyone feels safe to post where they feel most comfortable.We also have a new database we are working on to categorize all the Gallery styles into long, short, curly, straight, etc. This will take some time, but we are already working on it.Also...new experts are coming to HB. A new gallery of street shots will also be added. Along with new topics like gem stones & aromatherapy...and how they relate to hair.We are still 100% into hair...all lengths...but want to broaden the interest bases. We hope you will all continue to help us as much as possible. We have over 30 brand new articles waiting to be posted including topics on How Hair Ages, Brushing Techniques, Perming, product reviews (Paul Brown & Alterna, ARTec Kiwi) crimping and quick updo styles.We also will have more articles on curly hair, Vivisceral and one of our visitors is making a trip to the Ouidad salon and will write of her experiences.A well known beauty/hair writer has agreed to do two new articles on hair care and to connect us with some additional hair care experts.My personal goal is to have 1,000 hair/beauty & related links by the end of 1999. Keep those suggestions coming.Stay tuned. Our goal is to make HB as good as we can. We hope you will all help us.Thank you again for all of your support. Please keep posting. We need all the new ideas we can get.Best wishes,Karen & JeffPS. We also will be unveiling some voting forms as well. Think of some questions you would like the HB visitors to vote on that are hair related and we will consider making them the topic to vote on.
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Tina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:45am
Karen,I have been coming to Hair Boutique for over 1 year and it gets better and better. I can't wait till you add all the new things you have scheduled.I have noticed that you and Jeff are also very good about adding things that you promise. Keep up the good work. My co-workers and I are always talking about the latest hair articles on the Boutique.Tina> Hi,> Well we have now moved Hair Boutique from our formerly> slow, prone to crash, old hosting service to a brand> new service where we have our very own dedicated> server.> We have been running tests on the front page and are> working very hard on speeding up everything for faster> access.> That is why we are removing some of the photos and> using just text. Speed is so important to load the> pages.> We in the process of redesigning the HB site to make> it faster and more efficient and user friendly.> I have logged all the great suggestions that I have> received from everyone on how to make the HB site> better.> The first thing we will be adding....at all of your> request...is two new talk boards. One is Hair Bloopers> for sharing of bizarre hair incidents.....like getting> your hair caught somewhere funny or getting pancake> syrup all over the ends or etc etc.> The Blooper board will be more a light hearted board> and not related to Hair Talk...which will remain> completely the same.> We are also adding a Hair Politics Board where people> can...politely please....debate about such social> topics as:> .......should corporations have the right to tell you> how long you can wear your hair or what color it can> be or etc. Also topics like...is it ok to go gray or> not and should a loved one tell you how to wear your> hair?> We know Hair Politics will be a controverial board,> but we want people to have a place to vent.> Of course you are free to post any hair related topics> you want on Hair Talk. We just want to make sure that> everyone feels safe to post where they feel most> comfortable.> We also have a new database we are working on to> categorize all the Gallery styles into long, short,> curly, straight, etc. This will take some time, but we> are already working on it.> Also...new experts are coming to HB. A new gallery of> street shots will also be added. Along with new topics> like gem stones & aromatherapy...and how they> relate to hair.> We are still 100% into hair...all lengths...but want> to broaden the interest bases. We hope you will all> continue to help us as much as possible. We have over> 30 brand new articles waiting to be posted including> topics on How Hair Ages, Brushing Techniques, Perming,> product reviews (Paul Brown & Alterna, ARTec Kiwi)> crimping and quick updo styles.> We also will have more articles on curly hair,> Vivisceral and one of our visitors is making a trip to> the Ouidad salon and will write of her experiences.> A well known beauty/hair writer has agreed to do two> new articles on hair care and to connect us with some> additional hair care experts.> My personal goal is to have 1,000 hair/beauty &> related links by the end of 1999. Keep those> suggestions coming.> Stay tuned. Our goal is to make HB as good as we can.> We hope you will all help us.> Thank you again for all of your support. Please keep> posting. We need all the new ideas we can get.> Best wishes,> Karen & Jeff> PS. We also will be unveiling some voting forms as> well. Think of some questions you would like the HB> visitors to vote on that are hair related and we will> consider making them the topic to vote on.
that is a hair DON'T
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic