Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy experience with "Bare Escentuals"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My experience with "Bare Escentuals"
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:45am
Hi there!I saw that the Hair Link of the week was the Bare Escentuals site, so i just wanted to let everyone in on my experience with a few of their products. First off, I ordered my mini pack from QVC about two months ago. I was intrigued by the powder application and the "all natural" ingredients. The pack that I ordered was "light" and the actual shade that matched my skin was shade #2 (which is very yellow based). When my package finally arrived, I found that the poders are extremely messy to use and boy do they stick to everything. The pack also came with two shades, #2 and #3-- while #2 was just fine (yellow based) shade #3 was too peachy looking for any skin tone! Anyway, the coverage was OK-- but the poder felt heavy. Now, I have basically flawless skin to begin with, so I cant imagine what this tuff would feel like if you catually had to use it to cover a blemish or to tone down ruddy skin. Anyway, I used the "Warmth" as my blush-- and if you have a light hand, the effect is quite nice-- sunny like! So, in all, I would have to say that the poder make-up is definately "weekend" stuff-- I couldn't use this everyday, but the idea of a total powder regime is quite inovative.Now, in my pack was also some body creme and a tub of hand creme. The cremes are excellent! Rich and smooth-- and the aromatherapy is very invigorating! I dabbed the stuff on hte back of my hand all day long just so I could smell it when I wanted to! The hand creme had very little smell, but the bosy creme had a wonderful aroma! Very pleasant!So, to anybody who was interested in these products, I hoped this little overcap helped. By the way, Bare Escentual boutiques can be found at your upscale malls! In the Philadelphia area, one of their boutiques can be found at the King of Prussia mall. So you may want to stop in before you buy over the net!Sherry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic