Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHELP ME!! Need to grow my hair out FAST

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP ME!! Need to grow my hair out FAST
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:52am
I recently got my hair cut short and textured to look like the "messy" Meg Ryan look. My hair is highlighted very light. Hubby asked me to grow it long again and go back to my natural color. I personally dont like the short hair cut that I got, but do like the color. I also have my class reunion in a few months! So are there any real ways to grow hair out fast? herbs? conditioners? ANYTHIING??
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:52am
Well, the only thing I'm hearing that is actually seeing results on a wide scale is Viviscal, but barring that you might want to try a vitamin called KAL Hair Force available from GNC. I use it and i do think it helps it grow to it's maximum potential. Lay off the blow dryers is another good tip. I used (and still do) Nexxus Therapee and Humectress conditioner, and it has helped my hair stay strong through highlighting, even thoughthe product has fixative in the shampoo, just switch with a trusted shampoo that doesn't have fixative(also beware of silicones-they build-up just like fixative and can make hair brittle which can cause breakage). Plus all the other usual tips for growing healthy hair-right brushes, etc. I'd deep-condition, too, since your hair is chemically processed-don't go overboard with protein ones, maybe every other week. Ask your stylist what is best. Maybe hot oil or another moisturizing deep-conditioner used alternately. Just don't be fooled into thinking that Hot oil always contains oil, it doesn't. Read the label.Don't trim more than every eight weeks, and then only 1/4 inch at the most. You can trim splits with the tips of haircutting scissors in the meantime, help parellel to the split. Hope this helps.
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:52am
Sorry, that should have been HELD parallel, not help.By the way, I should have added that Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is not a good ingrediant in shampoos; it's very drying.Try to get the book "Don't Go Shopping For Haircare Products Without Me" by Paula Begoun. She lists all the ingredients you should watch out for in shampoos and conditioners-this is important if you want to grow your hair out, as well as just having a healthy hair and scalp for anybody, whether you're keeping your hair short OR long.I would also check out the long hair care sight for great instrunctions on to correctly wash and dry hair. Good luck!
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:52am
> I recently got my hair cut short and textured to look> like the "messy" Meg Ryan look. My hair is> highlighted very light. Hubby asked me to grow it long> again and go back to my natural color. I personally> dont like the short hair cut that I got, but do like> the color. I also have my class reunion in a few> months! So are there any real ways to grow hair out> fast? herbs? conditioners? ANYTHIING??Viviscal, Viviscal, Viviscal! One word of warning: in the brochure, it says that most people won't see results for a month and a half, but if you have the time, this is an INCREDIBLE product! Check out Regina's review. Mine is upcoming -- both are success stories!
Dan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:52am
Common shampoo ingredient. In lots of personal hygiene stuff to. Anybody care to share?
Regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:52am
If you have the money and the time go for Viviscal. I saw results in a month or so but dont expect your hair to grow 3 inches overnight or anything!Also make sure that your decision is based on your opinion and not that of your husband. He should love you even if you shaved your head!!!!Good luck!Regina
wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:54am
Amy--Not even Viviscal is going to make a Meg Ryan crop grow long in a few months. Do what YOU want to do with the color, let your hair grow, and buy one of those clip-on falls from Revlon for your reunion. They look unbelievably real and cost less than $30.Your hair should be long enough by then to pull back into the clip.Ally
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic