Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedClear process? (SHINE)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Andrea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clear process? (SHINE)
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:57am
Hi folks...So, I actually have good hair, no real "problems" per se. It's long and stick straight and medium/light golden blonde, though that's the result of a faded strawberry blonde deposit color. (Normally my hair is medium ash blonde.) My hair is in good to excellent condition, because I generally do nothing to it (no bleach, no blow drying, no teasing.. you get the idea.)What I've always wanted is really SHINY silky hair. I look at pictures of celebrities, and I notice their hair is incredibly shiny without being weighed down or greasy - which is usually the result I get with drugstore bought shine sprays and shine gels. Those products are -okay- but they don't add the real shine I want, but they can easily make my hair look greasy.About a week ago, I had a "clear process" done at a salon, which I thought would give me the shine I wanted, but my hair doesn't look different.What else can I be doing to really increase the shine in my hair?? And what exactly is a clear process, and why didn't it do anything to my hair? (Was it a dumb idea? It cost thirty dollars, so I'm not terribly upset about it.)Pointers? Relatively recent photos are below, but they don't show my hair post-clear process. It wouldn't really show up anyway. :-DandreaRelated Link:some headshots, for no really good reason
Andrea
Paula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:58am
Have I got a shine for you!!! ARTec texture spray shine. Here's why: Many shines like Aveda and Alterna's spray shines are oily and cause fine hair to go limp. The ammount of shine they really impart is debatable. I was in JCPenney salon recently, playing with thier ARTec products and was intrigued with ARTec's spray shine wich is more like a light hairspray and not at all oily. The shine it put on my hand simply did not fade. So I bought it and it really does make the hair glisten better than any shine product I have ever tried. By the way, I like picture #5 best. It is the most flattering to your hairline the way it just drapes over the corners a little. Do people tell you that you look a little like Kirsty Alley?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic