Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp...How Do I Get Unwavy Bangs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shauna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shauna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help...How Do I Get Unwavy Bangs?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:10am
UGH. I can not get my bangs to stay perfect straight. My hair has a natural wave and no matter what I do, the bangs will wave up. I tried mousse but someone told me that this makes the hair frizz out. I gried styling wax but if made my hair limp.Does anyone have any advice on what is the best solution for straight bangs?S
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:10am
Hi,Yes, mousse will make hair naturally frizz out so avoid it for the bangs area. Here are some helpful hints:1. Use hair care products which will smooth your hair including gels, styling cremes and styling sprays. Sprays can be particulary useful as you can target the sprays where you need them the most...in your case the bangs.2. Styling wax will give you a "tousled" look but be careful not to use too much or yes..it can weigh your hair down or make it look droopy.3. Consider using specific anti-frizz products because bangs that have a natural wave can become frizzy. Try a little dab of KMS Flat Out Relaxing Balm just on your bangs.Another way to control waves or fizzies in bangs is to blow dry them immediately after you have towel dried your hair. This prevents the waves from creeping in. I have a natural wave in my bangs and what I do right after I towel dry my hair is to put a little dab of KMS or AVEDA Confixer in my palms, spread it around and then apply to my bangs only. Then I use a professional style blowdryer and with a warm setting I finger pick my bangs dry. This works to give perfectly straight bangs.It also helps to keep your bangs trimmed. The longer they get, sometimes the harder it is to keep them perfectly straight. At least that is my case.If you want a wet look, you can use the wet look gels, serums or cremes for a slicked down look.Another reason that bangs can get frizzy is because they can get dry. Keep your bangs well conditioned to avoid the dryness that can lead to the frizzies.Best wishes,Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Laura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:10am
Great tips from Karen. I use a straightener (Lamaur straightening balm) on my bangs, and then I use ConAir Straight Styler on them if they are not straight enough. My hair is very wavy/curly when it is short (like in the bangs area) and I also have a widow's peak with a bunch of cowlicks in it. I need bangs, though, to soften a tall forehead. So, I am very particular about my bangs, and this is working for me now.Laura
Angie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:10am
> I keep an old spray bottle with water it in. I dry my bangs last. Like you, mine are wavy/curly. I get a round brush and wrap my bangs around brush and spray with water, then when the bangs are wet, I spray a little hair spray on them and then blow dry. I keep my bangs around the round brush, as I first dry my bangs and keep turning the brush. It straightens mine every time. Good Luck... Angie
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:10am
You might also consider relaxing your bangs.I've done it for customers with unruly cowlicks.Makes it a lot easier.
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:10am
You might also consider relaxing your bangs.I'vedone it for customers with unruly cowlicks.Makes ita lot easier.
Julie View Drop Down

You might also consider relaxing your bangs.I'vedone it for customers with unruly cowlicks.Makes ita lot easier.
nina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:10am
> UGH. I can not get my bangs to stay perfect straight.> My hair has a natural wave and no matter what I do,> the bangs will wave up. I tried mousse but someone> told me that this makes the hair frizz out. I gried> styling wax but if made my hair limp.> Does anyone have any advice on what is the best> solution for straight bangs?> S
Nina
nina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:10am
> UGH. I can not get my bangs to stay perfect straight.> My hair has a natural wave and no matter what I do,> the bangs will wave up. I tried mousse but someone> told me that this makes the hair frizz out. I gried> styling wax but if made my hair limp.> Does anyone have any advice on what is the best> solution for straight bangs?> SWhy not use a curling iron to straighten your bangs, i have been doing it for years and it works great. After you straighten them spritz with a little hairspray, it should stay nice all day, good luck NINA
Nina
K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:11am
> UGH. I can not get my bangs to stay perfect straight.> My hair has a natural wave and no matter what I do,> the bangs will wave up. I tried mousse but someone> told me that this makes the hair frizz out. I gried> styling wax but if made my hair limp.> Does anyone have any advice on what is the best> solution for straight bangs?> SI have a simular problem. I have curly hair and if i curl my bangs later on during the day they curl up right up to my hairline. I was told to wet my bangs and use hair tapeto hold them down until they dry. I haven't tried it yet, but it's suppose to work. Has anyone else ever heard of this?
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:14am
> UGH. I can not get my bangs to stay perfect straight.> My hair has a natural wave and no matter what I do,> the bangs will wave up. I tried mousse but someone> told me that this makes the hair frizz out. I gried> styling wax but if made my hair limp.> Does anyone have any advice on what is the best> solution for straight bangs?> SI use a Conair large barrel curling iron and styling products. It seems to do the trick.Regards,Clare
Clare
anita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:16am
I use a flat iron on mine after I've finished drying. I have a cowlick and a wave problem. I wanted mine straight all the way to the ends and a curling iron just doesn't do that. Since my hair is thin and fine, I also want volume, so relaxers won't work either, and I have to be careful not to put too much of any kind of styling product on my hair.Anita> UGH. I can not get my bangs to stay perfect straight.> My hair has a natural wave and no matter what I do,> the bangs will wave up. I tried mousse but someone> told me that this makes the hair frizz out. I gried> styling wax but if made my hair limp.> Does anyone have any advice on what is the best> solution for straight bangs?> S
hi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic