Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNon-chemical hair relaxers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cheryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non-chemical hair relaxers
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:11am
Anyone out there got any ideas for me on how to soften or gradually relax my new growth? I am not going to use harshchemicals anymore. My hair is dry and broken and that sandy brown color. I tried RIO (bad idea) and am now looking at Copa (which I believe may be another bad idea). I'm getting desperate and that means risky! Has anyone tried Copa or have any ideas on another product I can use? I can't just cut it all off because of vanity and a rather large forehead. I tried braids, but they broke me out (both the human hair and the synthetic) Anyone...?
Melanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:11am
See similar post below.Also, try blowdrying with Phytodefrisant. This stuff works wonders. I also take horsetail extract which helps with manageability (the new growth comes in softer and straighter).I sleep with a headband on to control my edges and tie down my hair every night.Hope this helps.MelanieP.S. I would not try the new Copa.
Mimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:11am
> Do a search on this website about Copa and Rio and you'll get some interesting advice.Also, I'm not sure if there are any true "natural" relaxers without harsh chemicals, though WWMickeal on this site recently mentioned something.Good Luck!
Mimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:11am
> MelanieWhat is horsetail extract and where do you get it? How long have you been using it and are there any side effects?Thanks!
Melanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:11am
Horsetail extract is an herb. I've been using it for over a year and I've had no side effects. Different forms say to take up to six pills per day. I've never taken that many but, one or two per day gives me about an inch of growth every six weeks!And, it only costs about $10 per monthly supply. Several women here at work take it (different ethnicities and hair types). We have all had great hair growth and no side effects. Just remember that nothing works for everyone. But we noticed our growth after two months. It also makes the hair shiny.I get mine at GNC. I just switched to a stronger formula (Power Herbs). It costs $9.99 for sixty pills. There is a GNC brand which is $7.99 for 90 pills (this bottle says to take six per day). Since, I'm lazy, I go with one or two per day. Both formulas have worked for me.Hope this helps and sorry this was so long.Melanie
wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:11am
> Anyone out there got any ideas for me on how to soften> or gradually relax my new growth? I am not going to> use harsh> chemicals anymore. My hair is dry and broken and that> sandy brown color. I tried RIO (bad idea) and am now> looking at Copa (which I believe may be another bad> idea). I'm getting desperate and that means risky! Has> anyone tried Copa or have any ideas on another product> I can use? I can't just cut it all off because of> vanity and a rather large forehead. I tried braids,> but they broke me out (both the human hair and the> synthetic) Anyone...?You can go to www.copahair.com and go to cs email they are very good at answering your questions. I've been talking to Rachel she has been very helpful. OH yes I've been on copafor about three weeks my hair feels very soft.no breakage at all Now this is just my results with the product . I suggest you talk to Rachel she has all the onfoyou need. including stats....Wendy
Cheryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:11am
Wendy,Could you keep me posted on how your hair does with the Copa? A few questions though.. Was your hair relaxed or natural? How does it handle moisture? Does it bush up when it gets wet or with perspiration? Please let me know.Thanks,Cheryl
wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:11am
> Wendy,> Could you keep me posted on how your hair does with> the Copa? A few questions though.. Was your hair> relaxed or natural? How does it handle moisture? Does> it bush up when it gets wet or with perspiration?> Please let me know.> Thanks,> CherylCheryl,Yes I will keep you posted. My hair is shoulder lengthvery thick and med texture and very curly and frizzes.now since useing copa my hair is alot softer curls more defined and not as much frizz to tell you the truth it feels more healthy ( again only my results). The last timeI relaxed my hair was about 8 month to a year ago. I do have color in my hair also. let me know if you have any more questions......Wendy
wendy View Drop Down

>how many mg a day do you take...I'd like to start taking this herb....thanxHorsetail extract is an herb. I've been using it for> over a year and I've had no side effects. Different> forms say to take up to six pills per day. I've never> taken that many but, one or two per day gives me about> an inch of growth every six weeks!> And, it only costs about $10 per monthly supply.> Several women here at work take it (different> ethnicities and hair types). We have all had great> hair growth and no side effects. Just remember that> nothing works for everyone. But we noticed our growth> after two months. It also makes the hair shiny.> I get mine at GNC. I just switched to a stronger> formula (Power Herbs). It costs $9.99 for sixty pills.> There is a GNC brand which is $7.99 for 90 pills (this> bottle says to take six per day). Since, I'm lazy, I> go with one or two per day. Both formulas have worked> for me.> Hope this helps and sorry this was so long.> Melanie
Melanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:12am
I'll check at home (I forgot the bottle) and leave a msg tonight.> Horsetail extract is an herb. I've been using it for
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic