Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedgrowing hair out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yolanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yolanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: growing hair out
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:14am
About a year and a half ago, I disastrouslyhad my hair layered. It looked awful for a long time and now finally is to where the shortest part is just past my shoulders. I want to get my "long" hair back as soon as possible. I do have bangs, and get conflicting info here about that's effect, but I have a "big" forhead and at my age think I don't look very nice without bangs. I want to know many things, some of which are: What is the BEST brush to use? What is a truly good shampoo and where do I get it without going into debt? Should I trim my hair until it eventually is all one length? I don't want to give up the length I have. If I want to grow out my bangs, how do I survive that awful "in-between" stage. Thanks for this unusual and interesting site!
Elisabella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elisabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:15am
> About a year and a half ago, I disastrouslyhad my hair> layered. It looked awful for a long time and now> finally is to where the shortest part is just past my> shoulders. I want to get my "long" hair back> as soon as possible. I do have bangs, and get> conflicting info here about that's effect, but I have> a "big" forhead and at my age think I don't> look very nice without bangs. I want to know many> things, some of which are: What is the BEST brush to> use? What is a truly good shampoo and where do I get> it without going into debt? Should I trim my hair> until it eventually is all one length? I don't want to> give up the length I have. If I want to grow out my> bangs, how do I survive that awful> "in-between" stage. Thanks for this unusual> and interesting site!The best brush to use is a boar bristle brush with a wooden handle. The natural bristles are more like your own hair so it won't pull or cause as much damage as plastic brushes. I use Nature's Gate keratin shampoo with panthenol and the conditioner are $2.99 each at Target. Works wonders for my hair and the smell is amazing. Yes trim to one length. Layered hair grows at different lengths and that can lead to damage. As for the bangs, either brush them to the side and use gel or mousse to hold into place, put them behind your ear when they get long enough or wear a headband to keep them back with the rest of your hair. I hope this info. helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic