Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSemipermanent color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Renita View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Semipermanent color
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:14am
Sick of the current color of my hair (medium brown with copper highlights), I had a semipermanent color (jet black) put in my relaxed hair last Saturday during a visit to my salon. My stylist instructed me not to wash my hair 24 to 48 hours after the color treatment. So I waited until last night after my exercise class to wash and condition my hair. As I was rinsing the conditioner out, I noticed that the color was coming out. After my hair had dried, I noticed that about most of the color was gone. Is this normal? I know that semipermanent color usually last between 6 and 12 shampoos, but this was only the first. Are there any products I can use to restore the color?Renita
JenniferM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenniferM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:14am
A semipermanent color will start washing out the first time you shampoo. It tends to be really concentrated at first, and each time you shampoo, you loose a little of the color.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic