Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDo you want to have healthy hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yolanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yolanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you want to have healthy hair?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:15am
Back in 1977, I had quite long hair, about halfway down my back. I went to a salon and had it cut very short. First, I asked the lady to cut off a large hank of it before she started the final cut so I could keep it. She and the other woman working there both were amazed at the health and beauty of my hair. She asked me, "what do you do to your hair? It is in wonderful condition!" I was startled, because at that point in time, we were quite poor (financially) and all I ever did was wash my hair with Sauve shampoo (the cheapest I could find), comb it out and let it air dry, except once a week when I would put it in hot rollers to spruce it up to wear to Church. I used nothing else. I had 4 small children, no time, no money, and had done nothing special at all. Now I realize that health, etc. can have a big effect on one's hair, but I think I had such a glorious mane because I did almost nothing to it.
Roberta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:15am
> Back in 1977, I had quite long hair, about halfway> down my back. I went to a salon and had it cut very> short. First, I asked the lady to cut off a large hank> of it before she started the final cut so I could keep> it. She and the other woman working there both were> amazed at the health and beauty of my hair. She asked> me, "what do you do to your hair? It is in> wonderful condition!" I was startled, because at> that point in time, we were quite poor (financially)> and all I ever did was wash my hair with Sauve shampoo> (the cheapest I could find), comb it out and let it> air dry, except once a week when I would put it in hot> rollers to spruce it up to wear to Church. I used> nothing else. I had 4 small children, no time, no> money, and had done nothing special at all. Now I> realize that health, etc. can have a big effect on> one's hair, but I think I had such a glorious mane> because I did almost nothing to it.You're absolutely right! My hair was very healthy before I started coloring it and now I don't think I'll ever get it back to normal again. It doesn't matter how much money you spend on products, once you damage hair it's damaged for good. You just have to wait for the new growth to come in and hope it's healthy.
Elisabella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elisabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:16am
> You're absolutely right! My hair was very healthy> before I started coloring it and now I don't think> I'll ever get it back to normal again. It doesn't> matter how much money you spend on products, once you> damage hair it's damaged for good. You just have to> wait for the new growth to come in and hope it's> healthy.I hope I'm lucky on this. I have long, blonde hair 2 in. from my waist and I get my hair colored every 6 weeks and trims every 8 weeks. I wash every other day, condition like crazy and air dry only about 2x a month if any. My hairstylist said my hair was in immaculate condition considering all the color I get. I get serious about my hair, so I guess that's why its treated me so good, because I treat my hair well. Treat your hair like your best friend and it will repay you with glorious looking and healthy hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic