Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPlease - No Advertisements On This Board

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:17am
Gosh, if this guy Jeff is this incredibley pushy when asked to cease and desist then what would he be like if I called and couldn't decide to order the product or not. Would he harrass me about why I should buy it. Would he call me at all hours of the day and night harrassing me to reconsider? Good question. I already have formed a less than positive opinion about vivisceral and I don't care if it works or not.I think that since Hair Boutique is completely self funded they have a right to decline what is appropriate postings or not anywhere on their site which they pay for. I guess this guy thinks he can do whatever he wants because he wants to?I for one agree with Jeanette. I get sick of people trying to push their product agendas on us. I appreciate that spam is kept to a minimum here. I get enough email spam and phone solititors calling me at all hours because they feel they have the right to do so.Thank you Karen & Jeff. As always, you take good care of us here at Hair Talk. I appreciate it that we can always count on you to stick up for our best interests.Sarah> As we have previously stated we try very hard to keep> advertisements off of this message board. Obviously> you do have an agenda to sell more Viviscal and that> is what we have a problem with. However if there are> questions that are posted that you can actually answer> (i.e. Are there any hormones in Viviscal? or What are> the active ingrediants in Viviscal?) then please feel> free to post answers and identify your affiliation. If> you want to contribute to other non-Viviscal> discussion please feel free to do so.> The point is that we want our visitors to be able to> feel comfortable with the information that they> receive here and not be bombarded with spam.> Thanks for your cooperation...> Jeff & Karen
Sarah Brooke
The Hair Boutique View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hair Boutique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:17am
As we have previously stated we try very hard to keep advertisements off of this message board. Obviously you do have an agenda to sell more Viviscal and that is what we have a problem with. However if there are questions that are posted that you can actually answer (i.e. Are there any hormones in Viviscal? or What are the active ingrediants in Viviscal?) then please feel free to post answers and identify your affiliation. If you want to contribute to other non-Viviscal discussion please feel free to do so.The point is that we want our visitors to be able to feel comfortable with the information that they receive here and not be bombarded with spam.Thanks for your cooperation...Jeff & Karen
Jeff Mach View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Mach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:17am
Dear Karen and Jeff,I absolutely agree--it's important that any pure talk board be kept free of spam. I could use some help, though. On the one hand, I work for The Aurora Group. I can't get around it. I have a lot of information on my product and on products like it that I'd like to share. But, on the other hand, I don't want to push an "agenda" on anyone; I don't want to try to get people to buy my product here, I just want to talk about the things I know--to try to learn from the people here, and perhaps share some knowledge in return. It's not like I can pretend I don't work for Aurora, or avoid mentioning things that relate to the product I distribute--it's where the bulk of my knowledge is. Are there guidelines I might follow? Might I put a disclaimer in my messages: "Disclaimer: I am an employee of The Aurora Group, and even if I am posting on my own time, I'm biased"?Help!Jeff MachRelated Link:The Aurora Group--Viviscal
Jeannette View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeannette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:16am
Thank you Karen & Jeff. There are times that some people take too many liberties with this board to promote their own products that they are selling or their own agendas. I personally resent it and appreciate that you keep stuff like that nipped in the bud. Like you said, that is what the Announcements board is for.Thanks again,Jeannette> Hi Everyone,> We try to keep Hair Talk as pure of advertising as> possible. We created the Announcements Board for any> hair product announcements that people would like to> make for hair or other related products that they are> selling.> While we don't mind sharing of web addresses as part> of a thread, we do mind postings that are specifically> focused on advertising a specific product or products.> We would like to ask that those types of posts be> limited to the Announcements board.> Hair Talk is designed to be a place where consumers> can feel comfortable and not feel bombarded with> advertising.> We have had problems with this in the past and to try> and honor our promise to Hair Talk visitors, we will> instantly delete any advertisements that are posted on> Hair Talk or the other pure talk boards that seem> inappropriate.> Please help us make this a board where we can all talk> freely about products and hair care without> advertising posts.> Thank you for your help in this matter.> Best wishes,> Karen & Jeff
Karen & Jeff View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen & Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:16am
Hi Everyone,We try to keep Hair Talk as pure of advertising as possible. We created the Announcements Board for any hair product announcements that people would like to make for hair or other related products that they are selling.While we don't mind sharing of web addresses as part of a thread, we do mind postings that are specifically focused on advertising a specific product or products.We would like to ask that those types of posts be limited to the Announcements board.Hair Talk is designed to be a place where consumers can feel comfortable and not feel bombarded with advertising.We have had problems with this in the past and to try and honor our promise to Hair Talk visitors, we will instantly delete any advertisements that are posted on Hair Talk or the other pure talk boards that seem inappropriate.Please help us make this a board where we can all talk freely about products and hair care without advertising posts.Thank you for your help in this matter.Best wishes,Karen & Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic