Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHELP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lindsey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lindsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!!!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:17am
I want to have beautiful hair. I try my hardest to keep it healthy. Every morning I wake up and my hair is all over the place. I can never get rid of the little bumps in my hair. I have tryed a curling iron,and soaking my hair with water. I go to sleep with wet hair sometimes. If some one out there can help me it would be appresiated very much.
Elisabella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elisabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:17am
> I want to have beautiful hair. I try my hardest to> keep it healthy. Every morning I wake up and my hair> is all over the place. I can never get rid of the> little bumps in my hair. I have tryed a curling> iron,and soaking my hair with water. I go to sleep> with wet hair sometimes. If some one out there can> help me it would be appresiated very much.What exactly are these little bumps in your hair? Are they tangles? Don't go to bed with wet hair, wet hair is more prone to damage. I try and sleep with my hair pulled away from my body and I lay it on the pillow so if I turn over I don't end up laying on it.
Shannon G. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shannon G. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:19am
I know what you mean, they are waves actually but they don't blend with the rest of your hair. I get them too when I sleep with wet/damp hair.First of all never go to bed with even slightly damp hair, that's probably your main problem. Elisabella's suggestion to put your hair above you on your pillow is good but you have to get in the habit of doing it when you change positions too. also try running your fingers through it occasionally when in bed this should keep it smooth. Some of the women on this board with very long hair pull it down over one shoulder and either hold it with a series of scrunchies or braid it(but a braid will probably give you more bumps). Also it sounds like you have naturally wavy/curly hair if this is the case don't fight it, your hair will never look as good if you force it into an unnatural state.Hope all this helps,Shannon G.> What exactly are these little bumps in your hair? Are> they tangles? Don't go to bed with wet hair, wet hair> is more prone to damage. I try and sleep with my hair> pulled away from my body and I lay it on the pillow so> if I turn over I don't end up laying on it.
Veronica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:20am
Try wearing a silk sleep cap with elastic edges. I pull my below shoulder length hair into a loose coil before putting on the cap and my hair is always smooth in the morning. I am African-American with permed hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic