Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeed ALOT of advice!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wendi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need ALOT of advice!!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:17am
I have decided to not re-perm my hair 3 months before my wedding..BUT.. Is there any products out there that will give an "oomf" to my curls? I see these "Curl shampoos" in the stores and these "curl reactivators" on shampoo bottles and I am confused. Is there anything to help me on the market? Also, since I am going to be hitting the beaches, how do I maintain my curl after getting out of the Pacific O.?Wendi
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:18am
Hi,I am not one to advocate any type of unnecessary use of chemicals on the hair, but I do have my hair highlighted 3-4x a year and they do use chemicals. However, are you 100% sure you want to alter your hair routine this close to your wedding? I would like to suggest that you may want to really think about what fall back plans you can have in place in case your hair starts to go a little "independent" right before your wedding.A perm takes a while to settle in, in most cases, so maybe you could give your hair a month to see how it does and then if it is acting up, you could get a lighter perm with regard to the chemical composition.If you want to experiment with just giving "oomf" to your curls, I would recommend that you try a combination of leave-in conditioner and smoothing gel that you apply to damp hair. I would suggest you try Nexxus Rejuv-a-Perm Curl Enhancer and either KMS Flat Out or ARTec smoothingserum to remove frizz.Then handtwist large sections of your hair into spirals. Follow with a spritz of thickening spray like Kiehl's Hair Thickening Spray and then blow dry on the lowest, coolest setting preferably with a diffuser while you use your fingers to lift it up at the roots. Don't touch or scrunch ends or you'll create major frizz.You can also consider leaving your hair damp and apply a good setting type of gel (I like Aveda Confixer) and then apply rag curls to your entire head before you go to sleep. If that doen's oomp up your curls, nothing will. :-)Let me know if you have additional questions I can help you with.Best wishes,Karen> I have decided to not re-perm my hair 3 months before> my wedding..BUT.. Is there any products out there that> will give an "oomf" to my curls? I see these> "Curl shampoos" in the stores and these> "curl reactivators" on shampoo bottles and I> am confused. Is there anything to help me on the> market? Also, since I am going to be hitting the> beaches, how do I maintain my curl after getting out> of the Pacific O.?> Wendi
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic