Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeddamage from temporary coloring?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: damage from temporary coloring?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:23am
Ali,I can't help with the haircolor question but if you could get a friend or family member to trim your hair and tell them you only want the smallest amountpossible off (I do this by placing my pointer fingerand thumb almost together but not quite and that gives the person trimming the right idea space wise how muchto take off-one person's inch is another's 2 inches!)it would be better than to keep getting what you don't have to have trimmed off, trimmed off all the time!As for shampoos, Nexxuss Therapee and Humectressconditioner hasn't failed me yet, although the shampoocontains fixatives, so you must watch for build up nowand again (with my hair, it doesn't build-up thatoften at all). Also, as I almost always mention, watch out for them silicones! For a lot of people includingmyself, they can turn your hair dry and even damageit. I try to avoid them altogether. Hope this has beensome help to you.Holly
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:23am
Ali,I can't help with the haircolor question but if you could get a friend or family member to trim your hair and tell them you only want the smallest amount possible off (I do this by placing my pointer finger and thumb almost together but not quite and that gives the person trimming the right idea space wise how much to take off-one person's inch is another's 2 inches!). As for shampoos, Nexxuss Therapee and Humectress conditioner hasn't failed me yet, although the shampoo contains fixatives, so you must watch for build up now and again (with my hair, it doesn't build-up that often at all). Also, as I almost always mention, watch out for them silicones! For a lot of people including myself, they can turn your hair dry and even damage it. I try to avoid them altogether. Hope this has been some help to you.Holly
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:21am
> also, my favorite color of hair is a light, golden,> slightly strawberry blonde. if i could have that shade> w/out damage, i would do it. can anyone recommend a> way of doing that w/out damage?Ali, your hair feels coarser because the color has coated the hair shaft which should make your fine hair feel fuller.You didn't really specify the color of your hair. I'm guessing almond as a light brown?! Semi-permanent color will not lift color (only deposit) so it probably had little effect on your natural color but deposited a little on your highlights.Give it 2-3 wks. and you will have your natural color back.Natural Instincts is a nice line. Try KMS Strategy for conditioning. To go into a strawberry blond you might need a permanent color.You should consult with a professional.Good luck!
Ali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:21am
> I've had virgin hair since 1990. it's past the middle> of my back, soft, shiny, almond w/ golden highlights.> i've never dyed it,highlighted it, blow-dried, curled,> or put in any styling agents. i wanted a change so> last night i used clairol's natural> instincts--strawberry blonde. the color hardly even> took, but my hair is a little more coarse, not as> soft, and doesn't have quite the original highlights.> this dye lasts 24 shampoos, has no ammonia and very> little peroxide. i'm very worried that i've damaged my> hair now. will this make it not as beautiful and> naturally healthy as it was, or will it be fine, back> to normal after 24 shampoos. is there a really great,> moisturizing conditioner someone can recommend for> someone with lots and lots of medium fine (more fine> than medium), more dry hair?> is there a repair treatment i can get? or maybe i> don't need to worry, and this treatment is not that> harmful. is natural instincts a damaging dye? if not,> how often can i use it--every 3 months??? if so, any> other tips on how to restore the softness, natural> highlights, health, and sheen to my beautiful hair?also, my favorite color of hair is a light, golden, slightly strawberry blonde. if i could have that shade w/out damage, i would do it. can anyone recommend a way of doing that w/out damage?> thank you,> Ali
~*~Alisha~*~
Ali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:21am
I've had virgin hair since 1990. it's past the middle of my back, soft, shiny, almond w/ golden highlights. i've never dyed it,highlighted it, blow-dried, curled, or put in any styling agents. i wanted a change so last night i used clairol's natural instincts--strawberry blonde. the color hardly even took, but my hair is a little more coarse, not as soft, and doesn't have quite the original highlights. this dye lasts 24 shampoos, has no ammonia and very little peroxide. i'm very worried that i've damaged my hair now. will this make it not as beautiful and naturally healthy as it was, or will it be fine, back to normal after 24 shampoos. is there a really great, moisturizing conditioner someone can recommend for someone with lots and lots of medium fine (more fine than medium), more dry hair?is there a repair treatment i can get? or maybe i don't need to worry, and this treatment is not that harmful. is natural instincts a damaging dye? if not, how often can i use it--every 3 months??? if so, any other tips on how to restore the softness, natural highlights, health, and sheen to my beautiful hair?thank you,Ali
~*~Alisha~*~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic