Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBest product to use

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best product to use
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:27am
what is the best product to use for keeping the curl of a perm? Please not something "too" expensive or sticky.
jj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:27am
> what is the best product to use for keeping the curl> of a perm? Please not something "too"> expensive or sticky.Try Nexxus Rejuv-A-Perm.
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:27am
Wendy,Hi there! Although I am a big fan of salon products, when you are out in the store looking for something to enhance your perm-- always look for a very gently shampoo (no Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or TEA Lauryl Sulfate) and make sure you don't get anything that is labeled as a 'heavy' or 'intensive' conditioner-- all you need is something lite for daily use and a then a once a week treatment with a heavier conditioner-- this way, you don't wiegh your hair down. As for a styling aid, do with a mousse (I am naturally curly and I love mousses). The best mousse, in my opinion, is made by Paul Mitchell and is called Sculpting Foam with Conditioners (don't get this confused with Extra Body Sculpting Foam). This mousse is heavenly-- loaded with conditioners and has great curl retention, frizz control and shine! It only costs about $6.50 for 6 oz, so it is pretty reasonable as salon brands go.Sherry~> what is the best product to use for keeping the curl> of a perm? Please not something "too"> expensive or sticky.
Diane K. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane K. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:27am
> Wendy,> Hi there! Although I am a big fan of salon products,> when you are out in the store looking for something to> enhance your perm-- always look for a very gently> shampoo (no Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or TEA Lauryl> Sulfate) and make sure you don't get anything that is> labeled as a 'heavy' or 'intensive' conditioner-- all> you need is something lite for daily use and a then a> once a week treatment with a heavier conditioner--> this way, you don't wiegh your hair down. As for a> styling aid, do with a mousse (I am naturally curly> and I love mousses). The best mousse, in my opinion,> is made by Paul Mitchell and is called Sculpting Foam> with Conditioners (don't get this confused with Extra> Body Sculpting Foam). This mousse is heavenly-- loaded> with conditioners and has great curl retention, frizz> control and shine! It only costs about $6.50 for 6 oz,> so it is pretty reasonable as salon brands go.> Sherry~Hi,I agree with Sherry! Just remember to us a small amount to start with then add the mousses as needed. When the mousse comes out of the can it comes out fast and foams up quick!Happy styling!!!Diane K.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic