Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPaul Mitchell The Cream

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Roberta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paul Mitchell The Cream
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:29am
Has anyone used The Cream by Paul Mitchell? I tried a generic brand of it and like it but I noticed it has PVP (fixative) as the second ingredient and wondered if this would eventually build up.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:29am
> I don't know if it will build up, but I am wondering if you used the Cream alone, or with other styling products? I seem to have bad luck with all "creams" such as Paul Mitchell, ISO, ect, but I use them with mousse or gel, and I think it gets to heavy to support the curl. If you used it with other products, which ones did you use? Thanks-ReneeHas anyone used The Cream by Paul Mitchell? I tried a> generic brand of it and like it but I noticed it has> PVP (fixative) as the second ingredient and wondered> if this would eventually build up.
Roberta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:29am
> Has anyone used The Cream by Paul Mitchell? I tried aI used it with Paul Mitchell's Sculpting Foam. My hair isn't curly (straight in front and wavy in back but I dry it straight) so that wasn't a problem. My hair had body, it just felt kind of sticky instead of soft. Have you used other ISO products? I'm about to buy some shampoo and conditioner soon and wondered if they were any good (a friend uses it and swears by the brand).
jj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:30am
> I used it with Paul Mitchell's Sculpting Foam. My hair> isn't curly (straight in front and wavy in back but I> dry it straight) so that wasn't a problem. My hair had> body, it just felt kind of sticky instead of soft.> Have you used other ISO products? I'm about to buy> some shampoo and conditioner soon and wondered if they> were any good (a friend uses it and swears by the> brand).Try mixing The Cream with a little gel. It givesthe hair hold without the stiffness gel sometimes leaves.
Roberta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:30am
> Try mixing The Cream with a little gel. It givesthe> hair hold without the stiffness gel sometimes leaves.It wasn't the mousse that was making my hair sticky it was the Cream. I'm just wondering if the fixative in the cream will eventually build up on my hair and damage it.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:30am
I really like the Pm Mousse-I would appreciate any additional info that you have on products-any products that you use...whether generic or not-Renee P.S.my email address is srthome@xyz.net and I haven't used any other ISO products,but I plan to> It wasn't the mousse that was making my hair sticky it> was the Cream. I'm just wondering if the fixative in> the cream will eventually build up on my hair and> damage it.
Jen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:30am
All you need to do to get rid of the build up is use a clarifying shampoo once every week or two. I use a shampoo with a fixative, and since I love the shampoo I decided to just use a claryifying shampoo occasionally rather than give it up.
Roberta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:30am
> I really like the Pm Mousse-I would appreciate any> additional info that you have on products-any products> that you use...whether generic or not-Renee P.S.my> email address is srthome@xyz.net and I haven't used> any other ISO products,but I plan toI like the PM mousse too but I think I need a gel instead. My hair is stright in front at least, and I need hold to keep the bangs and sides off my face rather than volume. I like that the mousse conditions though and would like to find a conditioning gel. I haven't been using any one product long enough lately because I haven't found a miracle product yet, if there is such a thing.
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:30am
Hi there!Paul Mitchel, The Creme, is a conditioning styling aid much like Potion 9, ARTec Texture Creme and Aussie Dew Plex. PVP is what gives it its hold, so this will effect your hair the same way that a gel or other fixative would affect your hair. I currently use Paul Mitchel Scultping Foamwhich is a conditioning mousse and I find it fantastic! Actually, most of the 'Conditioning Stylers' in the Paul Mitchel line are great! Hope you give 'The Creme' a try.-- it seems like it would be a great 'beach' leave-in :)....Sherry~> Has anyone used The Cream by Paul Mitchell? I tried a> generic brand of it and like it but I noticed it has> PVP (fixative) as the second ingredient and wondered> if this would eventually build up.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:30am
> I've had a lot of success with the Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt. I bought the products together, and the are great. The Super Sculpt doesn't leave my hands sticky when I apply it, and on the bottle it says it seals in moisture. I also like KMS Sculpting Lotion, but it adds more shine than hold. I've also had good luck with gels that have the words "forming gel" in the name-they are firmer, but as far as conditioning I think I like the Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt the best. P.S. It smells like green apples...I like the PM mousse too but I think I need a gel> instead. My hair is stright in front at least, and I> need hold to keep the bangs and sides off my face> rather than volume. I like that the mousse conditions> though and would like to find a conditioning gel. I> haven't been using any one product long enough lately> because I haven't found a miracle product yet, if> there is such a thing.
Roberta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
> I like the PM mousse too but I think I need a gelThanks, I'm going to look for the super sculpt. Sounds like it will work for me.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:31am
> I don't know if you shop online, and if you do, what you think of WWBS, but Super Sculpt is on sale in their overstock section for about $7.00 for 16 oz. They have an 8 oz size, too, for $4.00...I think.Thanks, I'm going to look for the super sculpt. Sounds> like it will work for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic