Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFound the culprit of sticky hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Roberta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Found the culprit of sticky hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:32am
I did an experiment and used another shampoo and ARTec smoothing conditioner along with PM Sculpting Foam and discovered it wasn't the mousse that was causing my sticky hair it was the Paul Mitchell Shampoo One. I read the ingredients and saw there is Henna in it which I've read is very drying to hair and it also has awaphui which is a fixative (I think). Anyhow, I'm glad it wasn't the mousse because I'd hate to give up all styling products. I still would like something that gives more hold though...any suggestions?
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:32am
>I almost dropped my coffee when I saw the title of this! I hate sticky hair. I also dislike ALL of the PM shampoos. I'm glad it wasn't the mousse, because I like it and the super sculpt. I'm considering trying the Senscience gel William posted to you about, but I think I need more hold, too. Sherry likes Biolage Gelee, and years ago I used Vavoom Forming Gel and Mousse like crazy. I think the Vavoom Forming Gel and Biolage Gelee are a lot alike. I'm also looking at Graham Webbs Wildberry Gel, and Artecs Control Gel. I hope we both find the perfect gel-or at least one that we like until we run out of it and on to the next one-there are so many that even when I find a product I like I can't wait to try another...ReneeI did an experiment and used another shampoo and ARTec> smoothing conditioner along with PM Sculpting Foam and> discovered it wasn't the mousse that was causing my> sticky hair it was the Paul Mitchell Shampoo One. I> read the ingredients and saw there is Henna in it> which I've read is very drying to hair and it also has> awaphui which is a fixative (I think). Anyhow, I'm> glad it wasn't the mousse because I'd hate to give up> all styling products. I still would like something> that gives more hold though...any suggestions?
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:32am
Roberta,You are so right about the Henna and the Awapuhi (it is a fixative)-- they are why I also stay away from the Pual Mitchel Shampoos and most of their conditioners-- Glad youfound it all out :)Sherry~> I did an experiment and used another shampoo and ARTec> smoothing conditioner along with PM Sculpting Foam and> discovered it wasn't the mousse that was causing my> sticky hair it was the Paul Mitchell Shampoo One. I> read the ingredients and saw there is Henna in it> which I've read is very drying to hair and it also has> awaphui which is a fixative (I think). Anyhow, I'm> glad it wasn't the mousse because I'd hate to give up> all styling products. I still would like something> that gives more hold though...any suggestions?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic