Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhy does this work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why does this work?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:32am
I'm curious as to why Suave 2-in-1 works better than any of the expensive products I have used. The Nioxin's not growing my hair faster or restructuring my hair. The Paul Mitchell smells nice, but it doesn't make my hair soft like Suave. Why is the less expensive stuff working better than the name brands?Wendy
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:33am
Hi, Wendy!It may be that your hair is simply responding best to the particular formula.I don't think that you can judge a product by its price alone.I'm not surprised with your experience with Nioxin. I have heard from others that the stuff is overrated and that it simply doesn't work.Just use products that work best for you.Jade21I'm curious as to why Suave 2-in-1 works better than> any of the expensive products I have used. The> Nioxin's not growing my hair faster or restructuring> my hair. The Paul Mitchell smells nice, but it doesn't> make my hair soft like Suave. Why is the less> expensive stuff working better than the name brands?> Wendy
Jeff Mach View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Mach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:33am
Hey there.I don't have too much experience with Nioxin--but as far as I know, it doesn't claim to grow hair, does it? I've heard excellent things about its ability to stop -hair loss-, but that's another story.Jeff MachThe Aurora Group Guy
wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:37am
Actually, when I used Nioxin, it was actually too strong for my scalp and I ended up shedding like crazy. It was terrible!!> Hey there.> I don't have too much experience with Nioxin--but as> far as I know, it doesn't claim to grow hair, does it?> I've heard excellent things about its ability to stop> -hair loss-, but that's another story.> Jeff Mach> The Aurora Group Guy
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:37am
I'm so glad you posted your experience. I've heard similar comments, mostly from guys. It wasn't Jeff, but there was some guy who e-mailed me who had posted on Hair Boutique about Nioxin having "all natural, botanical ingredients." I was extremely skeptical and found this strange, like he was just hawking a product for product's sake. I'm glad he stopped e-mailing me for any more discussion.thanks again for posting your experience!Jade21Actually, when I used Nioxin, it was actually too> strong for my scalp and I ended up shedding like> crazy. It was terrible!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic