Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow do actresses grow their hair so fast?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rachael View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do actresses grow their hair so fast?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:40am
I see so many actresses growing their layers out and it seems like it only takes over night. What do they do that is so different? I'm in the process of growing my layers out, but they are taking so long to grow out and my hair is looking awful, I'm half tempted to get them cut in again. Can anyone help?Thanks,Rachael
linda mc. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda mc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:40am
> I see so many actresses growing their layers out and> it seems like it only takes over night. What do they> do that is so different? I'm in the process of growing> my layers out, but they are taking so long to grow out> and my hair is looking awful, I'm half tempted to get> them cut in again. Can anyone help?> Thanks,> RachaelThey use hair extensions. Once you have them in you just blend the hair to your own cut. This can be very expensive and time consuming.
Kara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:40am
they arent, its called extensions, which is kind of cheating i say
kathleen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:41am
I see actresses go effortlessly from bangs to no bangs in the blink of an eye while I struggle through serious awkward stages. They don't have "bang extensions", do they? Also, how expensive and time consuming are extensions? I'm still tempted.
Ellen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:41am
> I see actresses go effortlessly from bangs to no bangs> in the blink of an eye while I struggle through> serious awkward stages. They don't have "bang> extensions", do they? Also, how expensive and> time consuming are extensions? I'm still tempted.I have had extensions in for about a year now, and love them. I originally had them put in because I wanted to grow my hair long, and had alot of layers, and thought with the extensions I would realize results much quicker, and not get so frustrated. This I agree is cheating, however my own hair has grown about 6 inches in the past year, and I think thatit is in better condition, because since I put the extensions in I concentrate taking the very best care of my hair. I used to get bored, and want change so I would on the spur of the moment put a color, perm, or something in my hair.It started out not such a good experience because the lady who put the first one in for me used cheap synthetic hair, and after about three weeks I had a terrible snarling problem. Then I did further investigating, and I went to another stylist. She uses very tiny braids, and I purchase my own hair which is 100% human hair. I need to go in about four times a year and have them tightened, and I just had new hair put in yesterday, and I had her leave it longer...to the middle of my back. My own hair is only about an inch shorter than the extensions.Anyway...I absolutely love them. It has given me a chance to have long hair which I have missed since I was a young girl. but have not had the patience to grow out if I wasn'tseeing real progress.You do need to make sure you take good care of your hair by using the best products possible, just as you would if it were all of your own hair to keep it in good condition.As far as the cost...I have paid approx $200.00 for the hair, and I have my stylist put in three rows which cost $50.00 each row.I have long layered bangs...I don't know, if you have bangs, and do not want them, I think mabey you would just need to grow them out, and eventually they will blend with the rest of the hair.Good luckEllen

kathleen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:41am
Ellen,Thanks for the info! Just a couple more questions. 1) Where do you get good quality hair and how do you match it to your color exactly? 2) If your natural hair is only 1 inch shorter than your extensions, is it really worth it for just an inch more of growth or are there other benefits, such as thickness? 3) Are there limitations to the kinds of styles you can have without revealing the braids/extensions?I'm really considering this as my hair grows very slowly and looks terrible at middle lengths. Thanks again!
Ellen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:42am
> Ellen,> Thanks for the info! Just a couple more questions. 1)> Where do you get good quality hair and how do you> match it to your color exactly? 2) If your natural> hair is only 1 inch shorter than your extensions, is> it really worth it for just an inch more of growth or> are there other benefits, such as thickness? 3) Are> there limitations to the kinds of styles you can have> without revealing the braids/extensions?> I'm really considering this as my hair grows very> slowly and looks terrible at middle lengths. Thanks> again!Dear Kathleen,I get my hair from a place called His & Her Hair Goods which is at www.his&herhairgoods.comI just looked at their pictures of the colors they have and when I sent for it, the match was perfect. You need to make sure that you get the 100% cuticle hair.Even though my own hair is only an inch shorter than the extensions, I still like them in because my own hair is fine, and not very thick. The extensions add thickness to it which I like.As far as styling, I wear my hair any way that I wish. I put it up, backin ponytails, down, or whatever...the braids do not show. It is just that you need to make sure that the stylist attaches them using very tiny braids. I would not allow anyone to use glue with the braids, which I have heard of some doing.I make sure that if it is a windy day out, that I wear my hair up, back or someway secured, so it doesn't dry out . I only wash my hair about 2 times a week, and I use good shampoos and conditionersPlease let me know if you do get extensions, and how they turn out. I would just suggest that before you do get them in to really ask alot of questions, ask to see pictures of work done, and refrences. I have a wonderful stylist who isvery talented, I am lucky that I can go to her.Take care,Ellen

taylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:47am
the answer is EXTENSIONS!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic