Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeird "hair" question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weird "hair" question
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:44am
I have heard a rumor that if you wax the hair on your upper lip and your legs, the hair on those areas gorw in darker and faster. Is this just a rumor? If so, what can I do other than wax?Wendy
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:44am
Hey, Wendy!As far as your upper lip, if you don't have too much you can always lighten the hair with a bleach for that purpose, something like Jolene.As for your legs, Nair or a similar product seems to be much better than shaving. The legs are free of hair for a somewhat longer period and the new growth is about the same texture and thickness as before. It may depend on the individual, but this is what I've found.Generally, the rumor about the wax has a tendency to be true more times than not.I don't think your question is strange per se, either:) It's funny, but I can tell you that whether you wax or shave, it may be unpredictable about the new hair growth. I remember a guy from school who had his head shaved for the summer. His hair was ultra-straight and was about shoulder length. When the new growth started, it was like baby soft curls. By the time it grew back, he had soft,curly hair, just like most of his family. He's never had ultra-straight hair again...Bye for now,Jade21I have heard a rumor that if you wax the hair on your> upper lip and your legs, the hair on those areas gorw> in darker and faster. Is this just a rumor? If so,> what can I do other than wax?> Wendy
Megan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:45am
> I have heard a rumor that if you wax the hair on your> upper lip and your legs, the hair on those areas gorw> in darker and faster. Is this just a rumor? If so,> what can I do other than wax?> WendyWhat you heard was true. The hair will grow back like horse hair, I know! There is a way that you can get your legs and upper lip waxed and have you hair grow in lighter. You first have to take some cumber oil(found at any local store near you) and put it on before you get waxed. Then you rub, this may sound gross, but it works, dog poop on after the wax. I do this every time when I get waxed, it works!
kathleen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:48am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic